Thursday, September 11

Enjoying a Moment of Spontaneity.... 9/11/14

Patience is priceless. Patience can only grow through experiences that test
 it. So we should treasure the times when our patience is tried, and not im-
patiently seek to be rescued prematurely. Makethe most of it. Realize that 
God has a purpose and a plan that will work out for our best. If we choose
 the path of patience and trust, we will not regret it
 (Photographer's caption.)
        Nowadays, I pretty much go with the flow, letting the day take me where it will.  I've my priorities.  But when monkey wrenches are thrown into the mix of the day, I accept them and adapt.  Part of having a Spiritual Awakening is
enjoying moments of spontaneity instead of living by fearful control.

    A few years ago, I arranged to visit my son on campus at the university he attended.  I can't think of a better investment of time. Do you?  I didn't think so.

    After our lively conversation, my son went to class.  After seeing him off, I discovered an appointment with a client was rescheduled. I stayed at the Student Union where we had met, enjoying a rare moment to study.  It had been years since researching in a college setting.  It felt like home.  Texting my son, while in class,  I asked if he wanted to have dinner together.  It was on.

     It was encouraging watching him grow into adulthood, managing his priorities well.  I was proud of his character. That day, we communicated intensely. He a quick learner.  He used principles on me that I shared with him before he scooted off to class.  He hit me between the eyes with truth. I confessed my guilt.  I had been controlling in my conversation with him.

      I was wrong and admitted it. My worth was not based on what I do.  He loved me simply because of who I was, faults and all.

      I am tired.  I will rework this later today.

1.  Paths to Recovery, "Step 12," p. 119
Image: Cumbria: "Derwent Water in Rain"  by Tim Blessed © all rights reserved, used by permission

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels