1. The pace of my life is balanced. Yes, there is plenty to do. I am not doing all of it. Why? Because Easy Does It, when balancing our life.
Many actions demanding atten-tion are not im-portant, even though they scream a false urgency, appealing to
my once overdeveloped need to rescue or respond to those triggering my insecurities, or need to please. Fortunately, that form of narcissism---feeling the world will fall apart without my help was obliterated. No longer am I codependent, thanks to recovery. I am lucky. Discovering Al-Anon Family Groups freed me from this disease that leads to distress. Taking care of me, too, not just others, I have learned.
2. Knowing my priorities, and adhering to them. This includes sleep, rest, spending time with friends, not doing anything intense---contrary to the normal pattern of my day.
3. Said what I wanted and felt to someone important to me. I sought and listened to what this person wanted, her feelings, too. This is how a relationship should be: honesty, openness and vulnerability undergirded by trust and emotional safety.
4. I am loved and supported by many. It provides me with emotional object constancy.
5. Characterologically I continue grow, with each additional day. My life is fuller today, than it was last week. A sign of an Unsafe Person is that they do not grow.
Try that as a discussion starter with a friend or family member: "How are you growing?"
1. My sleep is irregular.
2. Many days I am worn out, after working.
3. I haven't cycled in a long time.
4. I was looking forward to seeing someone, it has been deferred. Not happy with that. I will see what I can do, so we can.
May you have a great and grateful day. I know I will! Pablo