Wednesday, June 5

A Rich Life

          Good evening,

How are you?  I'd love hearing from you.  Yes, you.  There are many Silent Readers who drop by and then go on with the rest of their day.  We've had 1,200 guests to his inn, in the past five days.   It's been a little chilly, lately.  Let me know if
I need to turn up the heat in your room.

           Life is great.  I'm a lucky guy.  Tonight, I was with fourteen friends.  A good time was had.  I was surprised seeing two women this evening.  I had no clue they'd attend.  Even better, what they shared was heartwarming;  I was happy knowing their perspective more clearly.

           I placed my first Easter Egg link today, in a previous post.  It was fun.  They'll be one in this entry, too.

           I'm worn out.  Yep, pooped.  I did errands today and it got physical.   Good for my body.  A new client came on board today.  Lately, I'm finding many in need of marital counseling, like her.  Wow, this woman and I got right into her dilemma, immediately.

           Early in the evening---before meeting the group of friends----someone needed help.  Expressing deeply held personal values, he wanted to do.  Moved to tears, he tentatively and fearfully unveiled parts of his life he cherishes highly.

          The conversation transformed in an intriguing way.  The outcome was revealing parts of my education and training I never shared before.  A rich time of openness and dialog followed.  It's fulfilling when connecting with others, where we respect one another, even if we see things differently.

My Gratitudes for Today: 
1.  I heard from someone who had confused me.  She had disappeared. Her voice message left on my phone cleared up the confusion I had.  I am always grateful for clarity, communication and developing a better connection with others and I'm glad I didn't react, I responded with grace, while in limbo.
2.  I had a lot of work to do.  I got it done.  This involved work other than the sessions I do.  I was relentless in tackling priorities.
3.   An unexpected, early Father's Day gift I received today  And it is terrific.  I was amazed at the thoughtfulness of the giver.  It's a folding multi-use cart that allows me to carry my pannier from my bike to wherever I'm going, once I park it. My pannier usually has more than 15 books and many folders and binders, weighing more than 30 lbs.  Am I happy to have it, so is my back.
4.  I spoke tonight.  I always enjoy it, when I do. It creates an aliveness within me when I do. It also provided a moment to self-express.

How About You? 
What are three gratitudes you have?

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

My three gratitudes for today are:

1. My girlfriend Lisa and I shared our 5 month anniversary recently

2. My job has been going wonderful and I am very happy to work there

3. My Red's have the second best record in baseball :)

Pablo said...

Hey Keith,

Wonderful news about the girlfriend! What are you enjoying the most about your relationship with her?

But, please don't rub it in, how well the Reds are doing, my Giants have been struggling. (Just kidding)

You are lucky to have a job you love. Hope you are enjoying lovely weather and get a chance to go hiking, again, soon.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels