Sunday, February 12

No this isn't Anne and I. A picture of me can be found to your right, at the top of the side bar. But we did ride along the south shore of the island.
         Hi there, gang,
The innkeeper is happy. The innkeeper has been busy, the innkeeper is tired. Met with friends today in the town of San Leandro. 
       Our time was
terrific. One in the crowd had a stroke two weeks ago, and she's young. None of us knew she had. I wondered why I hadn't seen her. The news stunned us. 
       She has my prayers. I'm sure she would not mind having yours. Her name is Eleanor.
       In the afternoon, I rode bikes for an hour with Anne.  The weather was nippy, which worked out well. It kept us cool while we pedaled around the island city of Alameda. We took break afterwards by walking through stores spread along the south shore.
      When we reached her car we sat, talked and prayed. A good time. There's something to be said for enjoying the comfort of a friendship that's lasted fifteen years, so far.
       I'm trusting that I'll sleep well tonight. Lately, that hasn't been the case. Your prayers are valued. My body has been out of wack since I had respiratory problems for several weeks last month, which would keep me up until 4:00 a.m. 
       Here's to counting 10,000 sheep jumping a fence tonight, in my sleep.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels