Wednesday, February 15

Maintaining Integrity: Freedom From the Pressure of Others. ...............................2/15/12

      Good evening, 
I've lost my BlueTooth. Ugh. I realized today it happened on my bike ride on Sunday. I almost will die without it. 
      In the last couple of days I also lost two books. I've been studying it in depth for the past four months. Darn it. I've put in a lot of
time, writing notes in it. Now, they're gone. 
     When things like this happen, I know my life is unmanageable.When that is the case, I know life is telling me I need to slow down. 
*********************
      I'm tired and unable to write much today. That's okay. It's good knowing my limits. 
 My Gratitudes for Tuesday: 
1. I'm thankful I've learned to forgive myself when I lose things. Doing so ensures my emotional safety and well being.
2. I'm meeting with my oldest son tomorrow. We will work on developing my business. I'll need to be sharp mentally: he plans on grilling me. I'm thankful having someone co-laboring with me who also loves me. 
3. I'm grateful for my business. I enjoy what I do and the freedom it gives me.
4. I enjoy co-writing a novel with someone else. It's a change of pace from the normal stuff I write about. It's fun participating in the work involved when telling an in-depth story. 
5. I'm delighted to read comments and gratitudes from guests who drop by. It makes what I do here worth the effort. 
Maintaining Integrity
 Despite Pressure From Another to Cave In
     Sunday, I had a tragic conversation with someone dear to me. He had a mini emotional melt-down. I'm glad that I stayed true to my values, even though there was pressure for me back down. There was the risk of jeopardizing the relationship  if I adhered to my values.
     I've learned that it's important to be honest and maintain my integrity. If I have to surrender my values to keep a relationship, that relationship isn't worth it.
     Sure enough, the person hung up on me, because I saw things differently.  My response: serenity.  How a person behaves has nothing to do with me. Their reactions reflect their values and worldview. 
     I've learned to place principles above personalities, at all times. When someone gets angry because I disagree with them, I'm glad. 
     Really.
     Their reaction allows me to understand their values. They don't want me to make decisions based upon my principles. Instead, they want them made based upon their reaction to my principles. That is placing their personality above my principles. No can do.  
How About You?
What allows you to maintain your integrity? I look forward to hearing your answers. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels