Sunday, February 26

Saving Time and Stress, Saying No to Narcissists ..............................2/26/12


      Good evening
I'm using my brand-new, super duper laptop. It's faster, more powerful, has a wider screen and all the bells and whistles a person could want.
My Gratitudes for Today:
1. I'm thankful for
my new computer. It will help me be effective in the research and work I do.
I've been out of action, relying on the generosity of friends---borrowing their laptops to write the occasional post in the inn.
2. I'm grateful for the generosity of friends.
Much has happened in the the two weeks I went without a computer, all of it good.
a. I met new people---tentatively extending friendship. I'm thankful for character discernment. It allows me to know whom to include in my life, who will be healthy, caring and supportive.
     Discernment permits me to say no to narcissists. They consume my time and care little for my welfare. I don't enjoy relating with others who use me as an audience, so they can talk about themselves.    
     I no longer have conversations that don't interest me. I used to endure tedious topics, just because I felt it was the polite thing to do. 
b. I saw a protege give a talk before 51 people yesterday. She did well. People clamored to speak with her afterwards. 
     It's rewarding seeing the fruit of hours spent together, over the past four years. 
3. It feels good having a computer. I'm reconnected to the 21st Century.
  a. I'm glad being back, visiting with you.
  b. I'm now able to communicate with friends and family. The support I receive from others just improved.
4. A problem I encountered in early January was resolved. I'm thankful for the love and support I received during this time; it was tremendous. I'm thankful for tranquility, harmony, and the outpouring of encouragement I got while I was confused and saddened by harmful behavior that was directed towards me.
5. I met with friends today. It was wonderful.
      The openness and vulnerability we share is amazing. Afterwards, a fellow and I spent additional time together having lunch.
      This guy's characterological growth in the past two months has been amazing. I'm proud of him. A week ago, last Friday, he lost his job. It's marvelous seeing him stay in the solution.
       He's allowing himself to process his feelings, to own them and do what it takes to handle the stress he's feeling, including taking a nap when necessary. He's also working out his options, regarding his career path.

****************************
What are you thankful for? What makes your heart sing? What three gratitudes do you have? I'd love hearing them.
The Innkeeper

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently had a text from a narcisist. I am grateful I could read between the lines. It is not a relationship when there is no recriprocity and its all about them. I am grateful I am not the only one weeding my garden of people who are all about them and dont consider my feelings.
I am grateful I was able to help a widow by cooking her breakfast this morning. She is also blind and she greeted me with a big hug, which I was desperately needing. Recriprocity is wonderful and a big hug after a disappointing text was welcomed.
I am also grateful for a new project to use my talents accomplishing good for others. It is great I am also getting paid so I can take care of myself.
Muse

Pablo said...

Good afternoon, Muse,

Glad to hear from you. It looks like you're taking care of yourself.

Thanks for doing it again: you shared three gratitudes!

Affection is nice, even better when it comes from a grateful heart, like the blind woman you mention.

I appreciate you dropping by, reading and commenting. Wishing you a great second half of the week,
The Innkeeper

Anonymous said...

I am grateful the preparation for a talk was well received by my audience. It is rewarding doing something for others who appreciate me and the work I put into a project. i was not expecting the recognition when finished speaking and was overwhelmed with joy and happiness. hat was a new experience for me.
I am grateful I stopped proscratinating and started entering expense in Quickbooks for taxes.
I am also grateful I started attending a new church service and knew a group of people I could engage with after the service. I am getting better at not Isolating and looking to meet some new friends.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels