Thursday, February 9

Heaven on Earth: Working Through Conflict: Putting the Relationship Before the Issue ..........2/9/12

            Good evening everyone, 
How was your day? My day was different today. I met with a client in the morning. The afternoon was spent with  attorneys. The day also included an appointment with a writer. We are collaborating on a novel.

Heaven On Earth: Working Through An Issue in A Loving Way
      There was a misunderstanding, a bit of confusion, with a friend recently. I'm happy we discussed the problem. Blame, shame, guilt, anger or judgment were not used as we handled the situation. And am I glad.       
        It's definitely nicer connecting with the other person, in a positive way, while working through a nettlesome issue. The result: we drew closer after our discussion, and respected each other more.
     a. Hurray for two people communicating maturely. 
     b. Hurray for each of us being patient, respectful and positive as we wrestled with the issue.
     c. Hurray for putting the value of our relationship above the problem. Handling the situation as we did was experiencing a bit of heaven, here on earth. Courtesy, love, kindness and understanding abounded as we talked. 
My Gratitudes For Wednesday:

1. I'm thankful for passions. You probably didn't know this Latin innkeeper can get passionate. :->  I'm grateful I'm able to express my exuberance and feelings. Writing, exercising, journalling and heart-to-heart, meaningful conversations with dear friends are a few ways that allow me to vent. Doing so provides needed relief, allowing me to delight in the serenity I have. 
2. I look forward to meeting with my oldest son Thursday. We have a date. He will be treated to an early dinner before he goes to work. 
     I value the stability, support, trust, humor and nurturing we enjoy when we get together. He's a smart guy, especially when dealing with practical matters. It's to my advantage to listen to him.
3. This same son and I had a terrific conversation this evening. It's reassuring knowing we have a strong connection. He's my equal. In many areas he's more than my equal, I'm not ashamed to admit. 
       How nice it is, enjoying a meaningful, loving, intelligent, caring relationships with my sons. You'd like them too, if you ever met them.
 ********************** 

      What do you find helpful, when solving a conflict? What are ways that allow you to express yourself, when stirred by strong feelings? What do you like best about your relationship with your family?  I love hearing your thoughts (and feelings). 

2 comments:

Cary said...

Mr. Innkeeeper, thank you. Your calm kind words still my mind to help find reasoning. Not to mention you're really funny! ;)

Pablo said...

Cary,

It is wonderful seeing you again! Comments like yours make what I do at the inn worthwhile.

What do you do, to solve a conflict with another? I'd be curious hearing your point of view.

I am working on a new writing project. It's fun---it's taking me places I haven't been to in awhile. I like that it's making me use fantastic parts of my visual memory quite a bit, and it suits my temperament.

Cary, yes, I'm funny. But, I was told, "looks isn't everything."

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels