Monday, February 13

I Made a Request and Today Is a Special Day........2/13/12

“Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.”
James Matthew Barrie
      I'm tired. exhausted. Unfortunately someone set the alarm for 4:00 a.m. this morning and the alarm went off for 30 minutes. I talked with the culprit. 
      I made a request that
he set it at an hour that will enable him to answer the alarm right away. If that means he needs to go to sleep earlier, so that he doesn't sleep through it, I asked that he consider doing so. 
     He told me to not micro-manage when he sets his alarm. I replied that I didn't tell him to do anythng. I simply made a request. His voice calmed down and he agreed that that was true. 
     Tonight, I hope to have a better night of sleep. Time will tell. We get what we tolerate and we train people how to treat us.  
My Monday Gratitudes  
1.   I enjoyed yesterday's one hour bicycle trip that a friend and I took through Alameda, the island town where I live. 
2.  I celebrate my health, my friends and the power of books. 
3.  I've been writing with an other author---it's been fun.  I wrote for three hours today, for the novel we are working on.
4.  I rested over the weekend. I'm glad I took care of myself by decompressing. 
5. Today, I spoke with someone about an issue that troubled me. He was responsive. I'm thankful I exercised my point of view but did so respectfully, with kindness. I also wrote someone in charge of a customer service issue. I'm glad that I didn't surrender to passivity.
6. I love the work I do. It's a great fit for me. I help others and I have lots of autonomy.
7. This day is the eleventh month anniversary of the opening of this inn. Man, what I've learned in that time period. I'm thankful for the nearly 65,000 who've dropped by. I've learned from you and I've grown as a result of doing service as the innkeeper. 

******************** 
Three questions for my readers: 
1.  What needs of yours are met, when you drop by? 
2.  What are three gratitudes you have? 
3.  What are ways that you decompress? Maybe I can learn some new ways of doing so. 
     The Innkeeper

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels