Saturday, February 18

Where Has the Innkeeper Been? (Also, the Encouragement of Difficult Times.)

What steps do you think are necessary for success?
      I've been locked out of the inn. Imagine that. My household has been infected with a Trojan virus, taking my computer out of action since
Thursday. I have a friend staying over night. I'm using his laptop to say "hi" early this morning, while he's snoring away.  
      Hi. 
      I shall take my laptop to Archie. He has a shop in a town 15 miles away. He's been excellent at fixing my computer when it has given up its ghost.  Yesterday, six hours I spent, trying to get the bugger fixed. No luck.
      So, how are you? 
My Gratitudes This Early Saturday Morning: 
1.  I had a friend work on my computer all day yesterday. I joined him for part of the time.
    I appreciate his stopping his efforts. Getting support like this was humbling. I let him know I was grateful for his help. I appreciate kindness and his help. 
2. I'm meeting with friends this morning. I enjoy connecting with them and the inspiration they provide. 
3. I look forward to straightening my home. Saturdays I concentrate on household chores. I like reducing clutter, getting my home in order. 
4. My sister called me. She doesn't like to drive. Visiting my sons and me she wants to do. She'll take a train. I appreciate her efforts. Bonding with family is always good. 
5. I spoke with my younger brother an older brother. My parents are no longer around. It's good seeing the family connecting. 
6. I'm meeting with a friend tomorrow. I'm looking forward to our time together. The best conversation I had last year was with this person. I like how our conversations flow, we have a lot in common. 
7. I've written letters this week. I'm grateful that I made the effort. It's easy to overlook the work necessary for relationship to thrive.  I appreciate being diligent. 
8. I had a marketing meeting to develop my business and enhance this inn. I was thrilled with the results. 
The Encouragement of Difficult Times
I'm glad I'm able to say hi guests who drop by. This month, there have been several challenges to this inn. A service I've been using that expanded the outreach of this inn throughout the world isn't working effectively.  And now, I'm virused.  I see these problems as a good sign. I do. 
       Many times the things that are good for us require effort to attain. Education, developing our professional abilities and maintaining healthy, wholesome, supportive relationships, keeping a home clean and tidy, for example.
      Success requires pushing through the difficult times. 
"Calepa [kalepa] ta kala."
      This ancient Greek saying tells us that those things which are excellent, worthy of praise and provide depth in our lives require vigorous effort in order to attain them.
      I look forward to expanding the vision of this inn.  I'm committed to helping weary guests who drop by.  Whatever is necessary to maintain and enlarge the effectiveness of this inn, I will do. 
How About You?
 What do you find helpful for success? I'd love hearing your answers. 
            The Innkeeper

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for offering positivity in a world filled with negativity.

Cary said...

Sorry to hear about your computer. It sounds like you had a wondeful weekend without it though. Good for you! Take care ;)

Pablo said...

Anony,
Thanks for dropping by. Can I have three guesses to figure out who you may be?

Feel free to leave your name with your posts.

Someone said "gratitude is memory from the heart." Being the father of wonderful sons, having terrific friends, loving the work I do and knowing God's love gives me plenty to be thankful for.

How about you,what has your gratitude? Look forward to hearing from you again,

The Innkeeper.

Cary,

Good seeing you.

I've been without my computer for a week. I'm borrowing a friend's computer today.

This morning, I heard from the geek who's working on my machine. It may be that I'll need to buy a new one. Hope not.

How are you? What was your high point, the best thing that happened to you this past week?

How's your writing coming along?

Wishing you the best,

Pablo

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for the "glow" that the Attitude of Gratitude Inn emits each time I visit . It's been awhile so I am refreshed and revitalized by the messages and philosophy that you, dear Innkeeper, express. You've taken quite a challenging circumstance - a downed computer - and transformed the event into the perfect springboard into thankfulness. Had a very similar thing happen this week as well - lost 2 days to what turned out to be an aging battery in my laptop that interfered with booting up. I am very thankful for our Mac expertise network that got the laptop to boot up and afforded me the oppty to visit the Inn. Looking forward to more frequent visits now that my virtual presence is re-instated. Thank you Innkeeper for your sharing and oppty to share. lowry

Pablo said...

Lowry,

Good to see you back in the inn. I'm glad to hear you are encouraged when you drop by. Thanks, also, for sharing three gratitudes!

It must have been frustrating to be without your cyber connections.

I appreciate you dropping by, reading and commenting. Hope to hear from you soon.

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels