Wednesday, February 1

Perseverance Saved the Day ................................2/1/12

Palomares Canyon Road, near where I grew up.
       How are you?
I miss my connection with Plugalink and Alphainventions. I don't know what's happened.  In another area, I had a successful day. I had two major tasks to accomplish today. I saw them done, and in time!
    How are my guests. Let me know how this inn can better meet your needs. I've had many guests drop by in the ten months this inn has opened. But this place can always improve. Any suggestions?
Gratitudes for Today:
1. I'm deeply thankful for accomplishing today something that weighed heavily upon me, emotionally and mentally. 
2. I glad I pressed on, even when the time was getting close----I was several blocks away and I had only four minutes to make it there.
        I persevered in reaching my destination, against all odds, in horrific traffic, in the city of Oakland. I made it inside the building one minute before it closed. If a person gets in, they process the person's business. The work took thirty minutes for them to do. No, it wasn't a bank.
       To make the deadline, I went through a signal light as it was in the last stages of being yellow. It turned red.before I crossed the intersection.  The cross traffic hadn't started yet. I know I was wrong. I admit it.
3. I celebrated accomplishing the task by having a fantastic dinner and taking time to study, something I love doing. I researched for three and a half hours. It was great. 
      So, how was your day? You heard my gratitudes; would it be possible for me to hear yours? I like the community we share when you do. 
       The Innkeeper

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for a step taken to improve my smile. Ouch sometimes is worth it to enhance my wellbeing and my recovery is in progress from oral surgery.
I am extremely grateful for the ride to the office for my surgery from a friend who also waited to take me home after the procedure.
I am grateful for the home in the Bay Area to rest in for a day after surgery and the beautiful view to take the focus off my mouth. The two small dogs were also good companions for a day.
muse

Pablo said...

Good to see you, Muse.

You invested in yourself and your image. Good for you! I hope you feel better by now. It certainly sounds like your day was a departure from your normal routine.

It's heartening having friends that are there for us when we need help. You're fortunate to have them.

Thank you, for sharing three gratitudes! I love it when guests to the inn do so. May you have a great weekend.

I'm thankful you dropped by, read and commented.

Take it easy,

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels