Tuesday, February 28

Work, A Surprise and A Workout ..............2/28/12

We need never be ashamed of our tears. (Charles Dickens)
Image: "Lakeside: Rudyard Lake" by Tim Blessed. 
Copyrighted photo. Used by permission. All rights reserved. 
               Hey, how are you? 
I'm trying to figure out the new interface for posting on Blogger.
My Gratitudes for Tuesday:
1. For three hours I worked on marketing my business with others.     
       Slowly, but surely, we're seeing progress. I added to the slowness today. Too many
questions, I plied. Not following the order they wanted for our meeting, frustrated them, too. I can't help the fact that I'm inquisitive. And, it's my business we're dealing with. 
       I'm not trying to be difficult. My mind operates differently, that's all. Next week I'll try it their way. I brought my new laptop with me to the meeting. It made matters worse. I tried recording their ideas as they strategized about my business. Somehow that confused and frustrated them. I want to be sensitive to their structure while meeting my need for taking notes in a business meeting. I always take notes. I remember what is covered, better, when I do. 
       This problem has a simple fix. I use a notepad next week. 
2. I spent time with my oldest son today. It's fascinating watching him operate. He's a grown man. I'm thrilled we're working on a project together. He's using Google analytics to help me build my business. 
3. I took steps today dealing with a problem I'm having with a service I'm using. 
        My son re-wrote a letter I sent two weeks ago to the owner of this service. I appreciate learning areas where I can be more effective It's great having a son with business acumen----that seems right since he just got his degree in business.
4. I exercised today. 
        I rode my bike for 6 miles today. The wind was strong. I went with a friend who's been riding for ages and has professionally coached others. I learned plenty. My seat was adjusted, I learned about using gears efficiently.  I also rode faster and further than I would have, if I had ridden alone.
       I'm glad I'm investing in my health and learning using my  bike more efficiently. If it doesn't rain tomorrow, I'll go riding for an hour.
5. I'm glad Muse dropped by and posted today.
6. While meeting my marketing team at Starbucks, I came across a Darrin. I hadn't seen him since 1993, when I was a psychiatric rehab therapist in a sub-acute psychiatric hospital.
      He recognized me and was kind. He remembered classes I taught and groups I led. In front of those with me, he mentioned how much he enjoyed attending those classes as a staff member. His comments were a special, unexpected gift from God. It was nice being appreciated.
7. I met with friends after work. I saw one person I haven't seen since October. I enjoyed talking with her. I like her smile. It's big, genuine with deep dimples. I think we'll do something in a few weeks.

**********************************************

Cary, how has the past week been for you? What has been your biggest challenge?
Kelly, how is college treating you? How's Myles?
Lowry, how are you? What's a lesson you've been learning, lately?
Muse, did you do anything special this past weekend?
Phyllis, how are you my friend? Are you still walking three miles a day?
PJ, what do you do when your patience is tried?
Stuart, what have you been learning lately?

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels