Wednesday, January 21

Facing An Emotional Storm. What Allows Me Calmness When I Am In the Middle of It................ 1/21/15

      I am facing unpleasantness tomorrow.  It will be an opportunity to stand for my values, peace of mind, emotional safety, harmony and consideration.  If the person I see Thursday makes life difficult, I will no longer have this person as a client.  Placing principles above
personalities and compensation is the only way to go.
No amount of money is worth experienc-ing hell.

 Tomorrow's projected emotional storm is an opportunity to:
  a.  To respond and not react.
  b.  To speak my truth about what troubles me.  A chance to not be passive.
  c.  Use recovery principles. I will say what I mean, mean what I say, but not say it meanly.

  d.  See what I clearly want in my interactions with others and express what I shall not tolerate.
  e.  Develop my character. To maintain my policy of not accepting unacceptable behavior.
  f.  Clearly adhere to standards I have when relating with others.
  g.  Draw nearer to God.  Apart from applying God's strength, I cannot tolerate the stress, tension and outbursts I usually encounter when meeting the person I see tomorrow.

     When I reframe my experience with tomorrow's person---looking at the benefits of my time with her, as I written above---my attitude changes.  It removes the negativity I would feel, when looking at the difficulties and heartaches, when with this woman.

Wednesday Gratitudes: 
1.  Met with friends tonight.  It's good, connecting with others who are transparent, warm, caring and supportive, sharing a laugh with them, too. It's great having fun, enjoying spontaneity, not knowing how the evening will turn out.
2.  Tended to my priorities today.  I always accomplish more when I do.  It feels good, being effective.  Sorting through all the things that scream for my attention is challenge that forces me to focus, creating clarity out of a whirlwind of demands. The fruit of my efforts is that I enjoy peace of mind and order.
 3.  I am thankful for the strength I derive from my relationship with God and my Balcony/Safe People.  I would be unable to handle tomorrow's drama apart from God's grace and strength

How About You? 
a. What are your three gratitudes for today?
b.  Any suggestions as to how you related with difficult people, emotional vampires? 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels