Monday, January 12

Gratitudes: Catching the Sunshine of Life 1/12/15

       It is interesting typing with two, not ten fingers.  They are too fat for the smartphone keyboard. At least I'm attending to my innkeeper duties.  Fun.

       My adopted cat, Precious, sometimes adds perspective to a therapy session.  We hear her snorting and slurping.  In cat lingo it is distressed breathing.  Needless to say, she makes her
presence known.  Most clients laugh when she asserts her personality.

       This sweet Himalayan feline has a pushed-in nose.  It is supposed to make her cute.  I had no say with how this breed was bred.

       Today, during a late afternoon session, she sallied forth into the room.  She plopped herself in the middle of the carpet, catching the day's last remaining rays upon her head.  My client has been mistreated at work. I mentioned we were doing the same, finding rays of sunshine in her emotionally difficult work environment---the benefits.  We came up with plenty.  I knew we would.

       What an apt metaphor for what we do here: listing the rays of sunshine we find in our lives, even when the evening darkness of disappointment and life's pressures encroach upon us. 

 My Gratitudes for Monday:
1.  I am going to grow this week!!  Tomorrow, I head to Sebastopol for training with an author and psychologist whose material I've read for fourteen years.  Can't wait.  I have been corresponding with her the past two months.

2.  There is the possibility that she and I may present workshops, she working with me, as I teach skills that allow for dynamic, victorious living----overcoming low self-esteem, depression and abuse.  I enjoy seeing my work bloom---finding additional opportunities to help others in new areas.

3.  I have more time.  What consumed my schedule for years is gone.  I will celebrate life in new ways.

4.  Hiking in the woods surrounding Sebastopol, before the workshop I attending at 7:15 p.m. tomorrow.  I like thriving--enjoying my restored health.

5.  There is a terrific restaurant in the town that I haven't visited in years.  I'll take that in, too.   Life is sweeter, when it is spiced with variety.

6.  I was laid low this weekend. Now, I am on the mend. I had high blood pressure, migraines and a broken toilet.  All three of these issues are gone. Ya ay!  I heard God speak to me, during this difficult time.  See number seven, below.

7.  I am thankful for the reminder of this past weekend, to take care of my health. As a result of what I went through, I am more mindful of it. I am booking an  appointment with my doctor.  A good thing.

8.  I love my life.  I have the best life in the entire world, I wouldn't trade it for any other. Abundance is not in how much we have but in how much we enjoy.  I am fortunate to have a great supportive network and keep good company.

9.  I did my dishes!   I enjoy keeping things clean.  I was at a low ebb, just a few days ago, not able to put in the effort I normally do.  I was flat out in bed.

10.  I saw the film "Selma."  Excellent.  I was happy seeing how Martin Luther King, Jr. was not externally referented when he confronted the most powerful man in the world---the president of the United States!

11.  For every single comment that has been made in December and January I have replied.  I like staying on top of my innkeeper duties.  It meets my need for consistency and effectiveness.

How About You? 
What are your three gratitudes for today?  You heard mine.  Your comments add to the community we share here.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels