Thursday, January 29

Leaning On Him, Getting Pleasant Results............... 1/29/15

       Just an innkeeper's note, the U.S. has always been the source of most of the guests to this inn, 362,686, so far. Second has been the U.K.  Until
today.  India is now the nation that provides the second largest group of readers, 18,766. (Eighty-five today, alone.) Thank you, my visitors from India, for giving this inn a look.  A thousand and twenty-four from your nation dropped by this week.

      For nearly four years the U.K. was the second largest readership with 18,676.  Spain in fourth place with 11,400.

      I appreciate each guest who drops by.  If you comment, I will reply.  I would love hearing from you who live in other countries.
     
My Gratitudes for Today: 
1.  I did administrative work last night, from 8:00 p.m. until 3:00 a.m. I like the order that takes place.  My desk was organized, files updated and plans for upcoming sessions were set.
2.  I faced my most difficult client tonight.  Apprehensive, I was. Ending our relationship almost happened last week.  Today, I saw her after already having four sessions.  It went well.

      My time with her is different from any other client I have ever had, in my entire life. We'll see.  What am I learning, what are the benefits of working with her? These:

   a.  She needs lots of empathy.  She got it.  I had opportunities to practice patience.
   b.  She emptied out for an hour. We then looked at steps she could take to address her needs.  Once she felt heard, she was willing to listen to me.

 c.   I responded emotionally to her needs. That is, I told her what was alive within me, my feelings, after hearing her comments.  For some reason, she liked that.
3. Trusting God is the least stressful way of handling potentially difficult times.  Today, I let Him know I was relying on Him, to get through this day's demands.  Worry, fretting, are like a rocking chair. It gives me something to do, but it gets me nowhere.

How About You?
What are your three gratitudes for today? 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels