Monday, April 15

Highs and Lows For Last Week: How About Yours? ........4/15/13

Leona Heights Park.  Where
 I hiked yesterday.  Heaven.
    Good evening everyone,

How was your Sunday?  I worked in the afternoon. I'm getting my schedule back on track after the Easter holiday, imagine that.  Several clients changed their appointment schedule, having the week off, tending to children and vacation plans.  I'm still straightening my work week, as a result.  And you thought you had it bad.

     Really, I'm fortunate having
my own business. It's fun, challenging, in a good way, I enjoy autonomy and it allows me to be creative.  I love my profession.

     What were your high and low points for the  week on 4/13/13?  I'd love hearing them.  Here are mine:

High Point:

        I was out in nature Saturday.  My female friend and I had planned on riding bikes.  She asked if we could hike instead.  We did.

        I'm glad.  The expansive views,  seeing and hearing the percolating spring water, and birds singing, hawks soaring above----as we  sauntered among towering Redwood trees, encountering the occasional happy dog, romping in the woods, meeting pleasant passersby and taking in the wildflowers that enveloped us was heavenly.  A needed change from normal routine, it was.

       The day could not have been finer.  Sharing dinner afterwards with my hiking buddy, and us seeing an inspiring, positive film, 42---- about baseball great Jackie Robinson, and our progress as Americans in accepting one another, regardless of race----made for a fulfilling day.

       Also, and just as important, my Giants have had several come from behind wins and are now in first place.  Ya ay, a definite other high point.

Low Point:

       I have filing to do.  It's a must, requiring attention.  I'll feel better once I start.  Another low point is irregular sleep.  I've been wired at night and I don't drink coffee.  What gives?  I'll see what I can do.

How About You? 
What were your high and low points for last week?

       Here's to a better night of sleep,

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels