Sunday, April 28

A Fun, Friend-Filled and Fortunate Day ......4/28/13

      Hello to my guests from Russia, Germany and Romania!

For this month, 15.6% of my readers are from
Russia, 4.4% percent from Germany.  Of course, readers from the U.S. comprise the largest number, with 74%.

     Thank you, for dropping by.  I'd love hearing your gratitudes.  For those outside of the U.S. and U.K.,   please post comments in your language.  With the help of the internet, we will translate your comments.

     Saturday, I discharged plenty of energy----I rode 32 miles on my bike.  Jeepers.  I cycled nine-and-a-half miles in town with a friend and then rode another 22.5 miles to Union City and back, using BART to get home.  While in Union City,  I picked up the hard drive for previous laptop;  I broke its motherboard by dropping the machine more than seven times. That would do it.

     I picked it up from Island Pacific, from guys who work on my computer.  It was great seeing Angelo, a considerate man who always gives me a good price.  He dug around for the hard drive among many they had.   I hadn't picked it up in over a year.  I purchased a device that lets me read the contents of my first, but now inoperable laptop.

     There are hundreds of talks, workshops, essays and lessons on it.  I'm relieved this information was retrieved.  The outcome resulted from letting go and letting God.  Ya ay!  Stressing as they searched for my old HD wouldn't have helped any.

My Gratitudes for Today

1.  I loved cycling Saturday.  I'm a fully equipped bicyclist when I'm out and about.  I definitely used all my gear today, especially my two water bottles. I drank three bottles of water today, refilling one of my bottles once.
2.  My cycling buddy is a lovely lady---the same one who hiked Lorena Heights with me a couple of Saturdays ago.  When done, we dropped by her place.  She stocked me up with water, nuts, health bar and fruit to hold hunger at bay while I trekked an additional 23 mile trip.
3.  After seeing Angelo, I took in a fantastic movie, for free----Oblivion with Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman.
4.  I'm hitting the hay after writing this. I'll use a rubber mallet if necessary.
5.  I look forward to organizing paperwork and filing tomorrow, after seeing clients.  Clarity and order puts my mind at ease.
6.  I made it clear with someone I mentor that he needs to be a river, not a well.  I let him know that I want him to share what he receives with others.
7.  I had a delightful conversation with someone new, a woman, Friday.  We talked for more than two hours, it seemed like thirty minutes.  I enjoy connecting with thoughtful, authentic others.
8.  I appreciate boundaries.  Many want to take from me, plying me with questions after we've already have had a long conversation.  No can do.  I need balance.  I'm thankful that "no" is a complete sentence.  (Paths to Recovery, 220)
9.  I'm thankful that I don't hang out with people who only think about their needs. I have friends who care about mine, too.

Working With the Motivated, Not Passive People
       I relate with positive, in-the-solution people.  I don't help the unmotivated miserable.  You've heard me share that other people's desire to get healthier has to be stronger than my desire to help them.  If not, I let them be. To do otherwise would be exercising my former disease of codependency.

10. I appreciate having a sensible perspective that allows me to maintain my sanity, serenity and emotional ease.

How About  You?
What are your gratitudes for today? 

      Here’s wishing you a fantastic Sunday.  I hope you are able to spend it with loved ones and family---with those who are your Balcony People!

           The Innkeeper

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels