Sunday, April 21

Thriving During the Weekend and a New Feature for This Inn 4/21/13

Crown Beach in Alameda
     Good afternoon,

Below are my gratitudes for Sunday.  I'm getting ready for a session with a client.  I want to point out there's a new
button at the top of this page, "Al-Anon Family Groups."  I'll make it easy.  Here's the link.

      You might want to check it out. It lists several postings related to dealing with abusers, alcoholics and controlling people, not that you would know any.

      Many of these entries you may have not seen, they are not recent. Let me know what you think.  I'll check in with you later. I may see a film with friends, after work. In the meantime, I'd love hearing your high and low points for the past week.

My Gratitudes for Sunday: 
1.  The weather is splendid.  Can't beat weather in the high 70's that has a cool coastal breeze and no humidity. We who live in the Bay Area are definitely lucky.  It's always terrific to have a wonderful environment that allows me to celebrate life.
2.  My business is growing, I'm thankful for the work I do.  It's gratifying doing work that helps others and empowers them to become the person they want to be.
3.  Saturday, I rested. It's important having balance.  Unwinding allows me to take in life.  I don't live to work.  I work to live. Saturday and today allowed me to enjoy great weather, friends while slowing down the pace of my week.

2 comments:

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

My highs for this past week have been...

1. Communication breakthrough with an important chef/client.

2. Some deep sharing with/listening to my youngest son over Peet's coffee on Saturday night. He is a fine young man; insightful, high-minded, ambitious, sincere and an inspiration to his siblings; my equal and beyond!

3. A generous tip from an old family friend on the East Coast.

4. Our traditional family dinner on Sunday when I BBQ something, we all gather to break bread, and be a natural family.

My lows were...

1. Some unexpected client issues at work I need to fix this week.

2. Working through communication challenges with my "better-half."

3. Grinding my teeth through the Sunday afternoon grocery shopping (post gym-swim-exercise) when i was hungry and tired. Never grocery shop when you are hungry and tired!!! However, my "gratification delay" paid off once "home sweet home," with a wonderful couple of glasses of pineapple juice, a nostalgic sandwich from my youth (liverwurst), and my now famous celery sticks stuffed with chunky peanut butter. "He who endures till the end shall be saved."

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

On this Monday evening, I am grateful for...

1. The cool, evening close to this unexpectedly, hot (but thank you God, dry - unlike the East Coast...) late-April day.

2. Extra, much needed rest after a somehow busy and exhausting weekend, and low-momentum Monday.

3. Waking to a nice, homemade chicken lasagna, courtesy of son #4.

4. Being able to use tools of recovery to be patient, listen and not react to the angst-ridden, "whoa is me," self-flagellation, of my self-exhausted, externally referrented, better half.

5. Being reminded through this that I need to work on growing a deeper, wider, more energized and natural heart of compassion toward her, and others around me who suffer from low self-esteem, as I am prone to do on occasion myself.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels