Friday, May 6

Out for a Date ........................................ 5/6/11

Blossoming Magnolia, Lake Geneva, Switzerland Art Print
   Update---6/2/11.

You guys must be curious about this innkeeper. What follows is the most nondescript post in this inn. Yet, it's one of the most popular. Go figure. Are you trying to get the inside scoop on your innkeeper? What I've shared with the denizens of this inn, with my posts, allows you to know me, pretty well, I thought. But, if you'd like to know more, ask away. I'll respond if I can. 

(Yes, I do like hiking, playing pool, blues, jazz, Flamenco, playing Pit,baseball, hearts, horseshoes, chess, reading, Donne, Carew, Shelley, Shakespeare, A.C. Doyle, Sappho, Hemingway,  Moliere, Rostand,Tolstoy, Kavanaugh, Chekhov, Dostoyevsky, and heart-felt conversations and the color,  forest green. I'm grateful for my family------I've exceptional sons----it is the greatest gift I've ever received. I'm thankful for friends. Most importantly, I'm humbled by God's gracious, kind, patient, accepting love towards me. )


     For those who need their memory jogged. The original post was written when an infamous terrorist was executed that week. 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Original Post:

      Heading out for a date. I'll drop by, much later for my Friday gratitudes. More than likely they'll be posted after midnight. How is everyone? You may have noticed I've made no mention of the big news this week. I've learned to keep my mind on whatever is lovely, good, excellent and worthy of praise.

      I'll share some thoughts with you when I get back early tomorrow morning.

                                     The Innkeeper,

4 comments:

Kelly said...

What new toy did you get? Did you enjoy your date?

Gratitudes, gratitudes...

I'm grateful that the weather has been nice enough (and my neighborhood safe enough) to leave my window open all week. It is rare to be in Houston without the humidity.

I'm grateful that I was able to make three polymer clay owls last night for a birthday girl and they turned out as cute as could be.

I'm grateful that I only owe the library $2.50.

Pablo said...

Kelly,
You didn't notice the flag counter? Last night went well. I was glad that I got away from my normal routine. I enjoyed seeing my oldest son, too. I didn't get home until 1:30 a.m. Thanks for asking.
Several relatives lived in in Texas, at one time. My mom was from there, El Paso. Thanks for sharing your gratitudes. You're developing your thankfulness muscles.
What did you think of the needs list I sent you, yesterday?

Kelly said...

Oh! I did notice the flag counter, but I had already forgotten about it by the time you were talking about your new toy.

That list of needs is very long, and different from what I had in mind, and slightly overwhelming. Thank you for the clarification, though. I guess I have more needs than I thought.

Pablo said...

The flag counter keeps track of what country a reader comes from, once. If they show up again, the count isn't repeated. I'm surprised it doesn't reveal the reader from Malaysia, those from the United Kingdom, who are counted separately from Canada, and those from Australia, who drop by frequently. Hmmmmm. Can't figure that out.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels