Thursday, May 19

Gratitudes from the Innkeeper


My gratitudes for today:

1. I finally got my problem with the DMV straightened out.Ya ay!  I was so grateful, that I offered to take the supervisor who helped me, out for dinner. I appreciate the freedom I have that allows me to go wherever I want, whenever I want----a bit of independence that's easy to take for granted. I'm not old, yet, but eventually most seniors reach a point when they no longer can drive.That's a several decades away, but it is a good thing to be thankful.
2. I went grocery shopping, after my trip to the DMV. I'm into healthy food. I'm glad that I was able to get what I need to make nutritious, SSS meals.
3. My baseball team won tonight. They're in first place. They're hanging in there, even though they aren't scoring many runs. It's the superb pitching they have, that's contributing to their success. I enjoy celebrating life's little joys. As you know, my team are the world champions, even though we only play Major League Baseball in the U.S. and Canada.
4. My middle son and I had a good visit this morning. I love his personality and the open interaction we share. We were able to discuss goals he might want to pursue. I value his open-minded attitude and connection we share with each other. 
5. In the early evening, my youngest son and I were able to visit. He's the musician among my sons. Being that I'm a musician, we were able to discuss music and catch up with each other. We are going to do something next weekend, as a family.  I look forward to the time we'll share.My sons are my number one priority, other than my relationship with God.
6. I'm happy to see positive outcomes for the work I do. I got a e-mail from a client last night. She's noticing big changes in her life, due to the time we've spent. It's been three months. I tell all my clients that their desire to get better has to be stronger than my desire to help them. Otherwise, I can't assist them. To push a person along in their personal growth is untenable; it's also would make me a codependent, something I don't care to be.

      Okay, you've heard my gratitudes. Would it be possible for me to hear yours? It would meet my need for equality, reciprocity, mutuality and fellowship. 

      Here's to having a terrific Thursday,

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels