Friday, September 2

Disappointed, Being Challenged, Yet Moving Forward

“What if you gave someone a gift, and they neglected to thank you for it – would you be likely to give them
another? Life is the same way. In order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly
             appreciate what you already have.”                       Ralph Marston

     Good evening everyone,

To be honest with you, I had a bad experience writing Wednesday night for this inn. It made me reluctant to post. (I'm overcoming my resistance, as I press on tonight.) I made four attempts on Wednesday. I lost everything, each time. Very frustrating, time consuming and aggravating.

       This experience taught me

a) the dangers of.....
opening too many tabs while working on this blog; I closed out the windows in the wrong sequence, causing me to lose the final product. b) the dangers of typing with a four-year old gizmo that I've dropped several times too many, making it prone to freak out and crash, losing all I write.

       Thanks for letting me vent. It was my roundabout way of sharing my the reason for my absence.

       I'm going through improvements this week, continuing through the weekend. I'm experiencing them fifteen minutes at a time. Overall, the week has been good, but draining.

******************************************
       Today, a post from here, written in Spanish, using the Google/Blogger translator I checked out. It wasn't bad. Some of the contracted words were written in English, in the Spanish translation.  That indicates the translation program might have been unable to figure them out.  However, I got an idea of what it's like reading this blog, if a person lives in a Spanish speaking country.

      I'll check out the French, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Latin and Tagalog translations next. Google did a pretty good job translating the quotes posted here. It was interesting reading Shakespeare in Spanish; that was new for me.  In Spanish, Blogger took liberties with words I use; I would have expressed  my comments differently, if I wrote them in language of the Iberian Peninsula.
    
*****************************************************
Gratitudes for Friday: 

1. Today, I made time, doing what I didn't want to do, getting a lot accomplished. I enjoy being effective and disciplined, even when I don't want to be. Pushing on, is producing growth in my life. Don't get me wrong, I'm not plodding along relying on my strength. God's strength and the support of others helped me to move forward, when I didn't want to.
2 Today, I made a request. The person's reaction to my request was telling---it provided clarity about this relationship. I'm disappointed but not surprised. Mourning loss is just as important a need as appreciating the gifts I receive. 
3. I attended a business meeting in Corte Madera yesterday afternoon. I learned great stuff.  I was inspired and enjoyed the cooperation and closeness with the group.
4. I  visited a friend yesterday; the time was mutually nurturing and I benefited from his support.
5. I met with a new client Thursday evening. It was terrific. He called this morning, sharing the impact our time had upon him. He wants to get together early next week. I'll see what we can do.

     Dear Silent Readers, you who drop by without posting, you know the routine. I ask if you would share three gratitudes. You have read mine; would it be possible for me to hear yours?

     I love reciprocity, equality and fellowship.  Hearing how you're celebrating life adds community here. Please do so, even if it's months after this was written. As the administrator, I'm alerted when you sign the registry to this inn by sharing your gratitudes.  If you do, I'll reply.  Thanks!

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels