Saturday, September 24

A Bounty of Praise and Reaching Out To Some of the Guests of this Inn

Every happening, great and small, is a parable whereby God speaks to us, and the
art of life is to get the message.   Malcom Muggeridge   (Photographer's caption)
   Good evening everyone,

How are you?  The weather was phenomenal, my day was amazing and I eventually got exhausted.

My Gratitudes for Saturday:

1. I got to know someone new today. It was an interesting and enjoyable experience.
2. I may have an opportunity to practice another language on a regular basis.No, it's not Greek, Latin, Spanish, Japanese, Tagalog, Croatian or French.
3. I had a marvelous time with two clients today. I loved the time, so did they.

     I did put out a lot of energy; it got me tired. I took a nap this evening. I'm thankful for rest and ease, a lovely home, for tranquility, serenity and for
balanced living.

4. I'll spend time with a son tomorrow. I enjoy the intimacy and connection we share. Our soul doesn't get healing in isolation.
5. I visited with my oldest son yesterday. I was happy giving him a unexpected gift. I value his competency and conscientious nature.
6. I'm still basking in the results of a meeting I lead on Monday's. I love seeing people's lives transform for the better.I also met someone that I want to get to know. I'm thankful for the joy of discovery.
7. I'm thankful I'm not going crazy due to all the things I have happening in my life.

     I'm thankful for boundaries, priorities and for organizing my day the night before. I'm grateful for being flexible---unexpected events will occur. I'm glad that life is not richer because of the activity that I engage in: it's richer because the events of my day are transforming me---helping me to become the person I dream to be and am becoming.

8. I'm glad I've added two more clients to my clientele this week.
9. I look forward to visiting with a special friend tomorrow.

   It's been too long since I've seen this person. The most fabulous conversation I've had this year was with this person. I have not spoken with this individual since then, which has been disappointing.

10. I love living in Alameda, the city that I moved to this month. It's all I wanted and more besides.
11. I had someone give me unasked for "constructive criticism" about my writing. I'm thankful for feedback. I can always improve.On the other hand, they said I was thoughtful and poetic. (I would have never known. :->  )
12. My younger brother has been trying to reach me. It's always good having good connections with family.
13. Spain had 300 viewers this week and a thousand in the past month, with England dropping by 800 times. Readers from both countries add value to this inn with their visits.

**********************************

   Pardon me as I have a word with my Spanish guests:

      Gracias, por tu visita! Me alegra saber que estás disfrutando de tu tiempo en esta posada de acción de gracias. Me encantaría saber de usted. por todos los medios, por favor, comparta sus agradecimientos en Español, puedo traducir, para que otros puedan escuchar de ustedes que viven en la Península Ibérica.

Please excuse me again as I greet my friends from the amazing country of Greece:

      Σας ευχαριστούμε, για τις επισκέψεις σας! είμαι στην ευχάριστη θέση να γνωρίζουμε είστε απολαμβάνοντας το χρόνο σας σε αυτό το πανδοχείο της ημέρας των ευχαριστιών. Θα ήθελα πολύ να ακούσω από εσάς. με όλα τα μέσα, παρακαλώ μοιραστείτε ευχαριστίες σας στα ελληνικά, δεν μπορώ να τα μεταφράσω, ότι οι άλλοι μπορεί να ακούσουμε από εσάς που ζουν στη χώρα που έχει διαμορφώσει τον πολιτισμό μας.

      Kelly,

I know you drop by. I see you are haven't posted here in awhile. I'm curious to know what's happening with you. because I value our times of connecting.

     Would it be possible for you to tell me what's going on with you? You could drop me a line at my e-mail address, if that's preferred.

****************************************

 

Image: "Northhamptonshire: Lakeside byTim Blessed © all rights reserved, used by permission

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels