Monday, September 5

The Innkeeper Is Settling Into His New Digs

Life is a great cycle of cause and effect. Everyone makes 
choices every day, and everyone's choices affect others.
 The combination of everyone's choices and the effect 
those choices have on others makes the world what it is.

Every problem can be traced to some unloving or selfish
 choice someone made. These errors are the major cause 
of problems in the world today--selfishness and lack of 
love. People either don't see how their wrong choices af-
fect others or they don't care enough to do things differ-
   ently.    (Photographer's caption)
   Good evening everyone,

I thought I'd get back to the inn Sunday night. No such luck.  I moved to the Island Town of Alameda this weekend.

      How was your day today?  I'm happy.  This day I had three sessions with
clients, met with friends and spent the day with my middle son, Micael (With no "h," pronounced: Mee-ki  [long i]-el; we couldn't afford the "h", when he was born.) He saw his dad at work on one occasion, when I led a group meeting.

      Saturday, I steeled myself for the onslaught of activity that Sunday would bring and prepared for the move.  I'm grateful I rested. Sunday, we were busy until early Monday morning.  Even so, we had over four hundred visitors on the first day of the week. Thank you for dropping by.

     I miss my Malaysian friends. It's not true, my Malaysian guests, I have not stopped taking showers--I've just reverted to my childhood method of  hygiene, I'm taking baths instead. No, not bubble baths. You can return, you will not be knocked out by any foul odoriferous presence if you return to this inn.

     Last night, I took care of myself and went to bed, when we were done. I zonked out, once my head touched the pillow.

*********************************

     Guests from the countries of Spain and England have, this month, become the biggest readers of this place, other than the U.S., which always provides the largest readership. Visitors from Brazil and India have become next most frequent visitors of Attitude of Gratitude Inn. Thank you for keeping me company.

***********************************

My Gratitudes for Monday: 

1. I delighted in being enveloped by clouds this morning. Living on an island feels similar to living by the beach. Probably that's true because I dwell three quarters of a mile from the shore.

    By noon, the clouds had dissipated and we were treated to beautiful weather with no humidity: 75 degrees. I enjoy celebrating life, serenity, emotional safety, tranquility and peace.

2. I had a terrific session with a client today---more importantly, he was grateful for the time shared. I look forward to the progress he will enjoy soon. He's learning how to pursue healthier alternatives, rather than continuing habits that sabotage his success and happiness.

   I'm thankful for the communication we enjoyed and the intimacy we shared---I'm glad seeing him grow in self-respect and I was happy to support him. 

3. I love my job.I'm thankful for work that is deeply satisfying.

I'm glad that I'm able to help others.I'm thankful that my work is prospering during this weak economy.  I thank God for the stability of my job and the support it provides me.

4. I look forward to my trip to San Rafael. It's been three weeks since I've been there. I miss my times there. The past few weeks I've been busy with speaking engagements that conflicted with attending.  I can't wait. Going there meets my need for community---I realize I'm not alone. I like experiencing closeness with who understand the challenges of being a business owner. 
Image: "Cumbria: Country Road Bridge" by Tim Blessed © all rights reserved, used by permission

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels