Monday, January 6

Balance 1/6/14

   You may feel that the world is too messed up, that too many wrong
choices have been made,that it doesn't matter much what you do,that
 it's hopeless. But that's not true. Just as every problem can be traced
to a wrong decision, every solution begins with a wise and loving deci-
sion to do the right thing, the loving and unselfish thing.

    A little bit of love can make a lot of difference.  One act of kindness
 or unselfishness can start a whole chain-reaction of events that will, in
the long run, make life a lot better for a lot of people. So don't despair
 because there is so much suffering and grief and wrong in the world.
 Instead do what you can to make things right and encourage others to
 do the same.  The world won't change in a day, but we can make a
difference if we try. (The photographer's caption.)
  Good morning everyone.
Did you have a good Sunday? Mine was.  I am going easy on myself, I am in the midst of
transitions.
    Sunday's Gratitudes:
1. I stood for my values, twice today, in spite of facing strong resistance.  I value the self-esteem I enjoy when maintaining integrity.
2. I am thankful for discernment that allows me to avoid others who are not good for me.
3. I let my body, mind and soul catch up with all the activity that immerses me, by slowing down.  It is not exciting being involved in a swirl of activity.  I have learned that being involved with too many projects is a form of self-abuse that society and my family encouraged, when I grew up.  It was my way of not having to come to terms with my feelings.

        Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good.  Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity.

        Today,  I took time, investing in me.  I read at length.   Deep breaths, I took.  I went outside, inhaling the crisp air, delighting in the cloud-filled skyscape.

4. Critical is our attitude; optimism and a heart of thanks goes a long way towards reaching our goals and enjoying life fully.  You might want to revisit this post about the vision of this inn.  One quote from this link:
All happy people are grateful. Ungrateful people cannot be happy. We tend to think that being unhappy leads people to complain, but it is truer to say that complaining leads people to becoming unhappy.
Image: "Switzerland: Mountains Beyond" by Tim Blessed © all rights reserved, used by permission  

1 comment:

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

On this Tuesday night, I am grateful for...

1. Remembering to "stay in the solution" while faced with periodic customer service challenges during the workday.

2. Moving one son, one step closer to recovery this week.

3. Catching moving moments of Scottish freedom-fighting, in Mel Gibson's epic "Braveheart", and being reminded of the beauty in passion for ones first, true love, for family and for country.

4. Being able to be of service to our small healing group with time spent organizing meeting materials.

5. An upcoming meeting tomorrow with both a mentor, and friends in our weekly circle of healing; sharing our experiences, strength and hope.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels