Tuesday, January 28

Being Gentle and Assertive at the Same Time 1/28/14

   
The past few days, I've been relentless, posting gratitudes, despite demands insisting I do otherwise. Being positive can be developed, I'm living proof of that. Right now, I'm using toothpicks to keep my eyes open.  Not really, but it feels that way, bone weary, I am.

    Today was different than most.  I worked a split shift.  Time with one client took two hours.  So, what was good about today? How about this:

Gentleness Towards Self
1.  I bought gloves and lost them within an hour.  I need them when I cycle early in the morning and late at night. What's good about that?  Plenty.  I was gentle towards myself.  Life happens.  What I do or don't do is no indication of my worth.

Assertiveness, Using Boundaries
2.  I lunched with a prospective client.  A client referred me his brother to see me.  He was with us, as I visited with his younger brother. His sibling tried dominating the conversation.  I simply told him he had talked at length and I now I needed to speak.   If I hadn't I'd be sitting in that booth, sleeping at this moment, as he droned on.
3.  My life is moving forward.  I am happy with how this year is working out.  The best year in my life has been, and will be, 2014.
4.  Yesterday was my most successful day, ever.  I thank God for his guidance and support, as I serve others.

How About You? 
What three circumstances has created joy in your life?

I'm going to bed. I'm tired. I'll revise this post tomorrow. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels