Tuesday, January 14

Ruminations Upon My Son and Other Gratitudes 1/14/14

     Hello everyone.  I'm bushed.  Clients kept me busy until 6:00 p.m. last night.  Afterwards, I wrote, preparing material for upcoming sessions, including today's----until 12 midnight.  I didn't bed down until after 2:00 a.m.  Not the type of night I want, but
necessary.

      Usually, I'm not absent for four days, like I have been. But, I give myself credit.  Few bloggers write 802 posts in less than three years, which is what the innkeeper has done in 34 months.  That's twenty-three and-a-half entries each month, on average.

 My Gratitudes for This Lovely Evening:
1  I was gifted with a lovely surprise this afternoon.  It's lovely being valued.
2. My oldest son's birthday is this Thursday. He has been a gift in many ways. I'll enumerate upon     some of them in the following gratitudes.
     a.  I've learned responsibility, being a dad. Along with it has come innumerable blessings, joys             and treasured memories.
     b. My son, Pablo Jr., is one of my best friends. And, I'm one of his. That's a privilege. I value the in-depth conversations we have, and his intensely practical wisdom. He increases my effectiveness and adds clarity in areas where I don't have a clue.
     c.  The miracle of seeing a child grow into manhood, and doing well, gladdens my heart. I have hope for the future. The circle of friends that he hangs out with lets me know that conscientious, hard-working, intelligent, kind, caring, responsive people are filling the ranks of a succeeding generation.
3.  I've written my second poem in three months. It had been years since I put passion to paper in this way.  It is a terrific challenge.  Better, I like how it is a gift I can share with another.
4.  I had a fulfilling conversation recently, much better than normal---my needs were met. I was happy the friend I was with was able to hear me and respond to my vulnerabilities.
5.  I visited with someone that means a lot to me.  Uplifting it was. I'm always happy when I celebrate life, which is what happened.

How About You? 
What are your three gratitudes for today? 

2 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

My three gratitudes for today are:

1. I celebrate my three-year anniversary at work in a couple of weeks

2. 2014 has been really wonderful thus far

3. I met my first in-person blogging friend last week!

Jan Meszaros said...

I also didn't slept last night, I always show the gratitude to God.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels