Monday, January 27

Overjoyed and Transcending Hurt 1/27/14

       Good evening.  How you be?  Thank you, for dropping by.  I was busy today, but I thrived.  Can I encourage some of you, who haven't posted comments, to do so?  It contributes towards the community shared here.  I'll thank you in advance.

My Gratitudes for Monday:

Overjoyed: 
      I had a delicious conversation early this morning, as in, from midnight until 2:45 a.m.  I was nurtured.  Connection, communication, love, openness and
joy, along with celebration of life were mine during time spent with someone special, as well as thriving.

     After our visit, I was floating, thrilled even, although outwardly calm and relaxed.

1.  I'm grateful for the Great Big Life I have, paradoxically the result of hard work and leaving the results to God.
2.  I'm happy I recently pushed beyond my insecurities.  At the time, I felt like a schoolboy.  I'm encouraged about the strength I have because of Al-Anon Family Groups.

Overjoyed, Again

     It looks like a dream of mine is coming true.  Wow, can't beat that. We were made to bond with emotionally safe others.  I am.

     We were wired to laugh, dream, hope, while living within a community of loving others who care for us even when we are most unattractive and psychotic.  I am loved in this way when I am that way.

      I'm thankful for intense bursts of light that invade each day, even when it is crazily dark, busy and intense.  Can't beat that.  Enjoying humor with another, receiving affection, having someone lovingly peer intently in my eyes, are such brilliant moments.

3.  I'm loving life and it is loving me back, in return.  Can't beat that, either.

Overcoming Hurt

       Soon, very soon, I'll reach out to a friend of seventeen years with whom I had a problem.  It's taken almost two years getting over the grief and anger caused by her behavior at a birthday party I had.  I'm being real with you.
   
       Here's a surprise.  Are you ready?  Even though most people think I'm a leader, and I am,  my nature is introspective.  It is being alone, studying, thinking, writing and journaling, when I derive the energy needed for the day.

       After I'm with people, I need solitude for solace.  Well, this estranged friend has a strong personality.  When I addressed the issue between us, she minimized it, even laughing at me.  Wrong move.  Not acceptable.  Instead of conflicting with her, I left her alone. I did not have the strength to pursue the matter further.

       Now, it's time to reconcile.  I'll keep you posted.  This person was being mentored by me.  For three years.  But, I put a near-two year bookmark in our friendship after what happened on that special day.
"Forgiveness is not forgetting, it's letting go of the hurt."
How About You? 
a.  What are your three gratitudes for today?
b.  Who do you need to forgive?
c.  Are you extroverted or introspective?

1 comment:

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

On this Tuesday night, I am grateful for;

1. A moving and meaningful phone chat with my older sister about ways of detaching with love, creating healthy boundaries, codependency and coping with domestic impatience and intolerance. I will send her an appropriate AFG "starter" book soon.

2. Free, pre-late-lunch samples at Costco, when I'm stuck in any combination of HALT.

3. A family dinner discussion to ponder the possibility of my aging Mom coming to live with us in the not too distant future.

4. A much needed head-nodding nap during the President's State of the Onion Address.

5. Letting go of the next episode of Blacklist for another night.

6. Realizing I'm not missing much on American Idol each Wednesday night while meeting with friends.

7. The prospect of retiring earlier than usual tonight.


Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels