Sunday, January 15

Not Accepting Unacceptable Behavior........... 1/15/12

Image: "Inspiring!" by Tim Blessed. Copyrighted. Used by his kind permission.
     It had been twelve days since I had posted photos in the inn.  Did you
miss them? I'll get to my comments on unacceptable behavior in a minute, after I share my gratitudes.
My Gratitudes For Sunday: 

1. The Forty Niners Won! 
     Even though it's the day after their win, I'm still excited. Especially after today's loss by the Green Bay Packers. The odds of this football team making it to the Super Bowl has increased tremendously. They will have the home field advantage and won't have to play at Lambeau Field, in Wisconsin.
2.  I had a terrific time with my sons yesterday as we watched the football game. 
3. I have an opportunity practice perseverance this week.  I have major projects to work on.  I'll take them one day at a time.
4. I'm thankful for the rest I'll get after I post these gratitudes. I've the splitting headache I get when I don't get enough sleep. Rest is beckoning me.  Mondays--for years--has been my major day of rest.


Not Accepting Unacceptable Behavior
      I'm thankful that I do not accept unacceptable behavior.  It's a big part about us getting what we tolerate.  As as youth, I'd allow discourtesy from others.  I was taught that doing so made me a nice guy. 

      Wrong. 

      I've learned permitting boorishness only invites others to exploit me.  I informed someone this evening I need time apart from him.  I value consistent, reliable, considerate and responsible behavior in my relationships. 

      That standard provides the tranquility and dependability needed. What a relief it is, being freed from unwanted frustration. I hope he'll consider my comments. If not, that's okay too: I took care of myself. 

      I'll write more tomorrow. Right now, I'm tired, and heading for bed.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels