Friday, January 20

No Is a Complete Sentence

Image: "Countryside: Buttercups and Daisies" by Tim Blessed. Copyrighted photograph, used by permission.
       How did you day go?  Today, the inn was busy. we had over 230 unique visitors and they took a look at 820 pages today. It was hard keeping
up with them and flipping all those pages for them. :->
       I'm getting restless. It's hard waiting for Sunday's game between the 49ers and the NY Giant football team.  The cold has lasted a few weeks. Today was my best day.  I still have a bit of it lingering. I'm being cautious since I had pneumonia about this time last year----so, I don't want to push my resiliency.
       I've been slower, more tired, distracted due to my illness. And I'm restless, as mentioned earlier. What gratitudes can I draw out from that hat? How about these:
1. I'll be more grateful for my health, when it's restored. 
2. To breath clearly, I will appreciate.
3. Being sick has increased my compassion for those who suffer from respiratory diseases: asthma, COPD, cystic fibrosis, emphysema, you name it.
4. I'm thankful for warmth. It would have been pretty serious problem for my health, if I stayed in a cold environment, the past few weeks.
5. I appreciate all I was able to enjoy while convalescing: books, great movies on DVDs, time for prayer and meditation. And, I don't want to forget....
 The Value of Boundaries     
      I'm thankful for rest. Lying still allows my body to concentrate all its energy on restoring my well-being.
I also valued exercising boundaries while recuperating. When friends wanted to speak with me over the phone, I said no.  It's good knowing that:
" 'No' is a complete sentence."
Conversing with others was not good for my voice; it also made me hack and cough, while depleting my strength.I simply needed to stay still. 


      I shared my gratitudes. may I ask you to share yours? I enjoy it when we have mutuality, reciprocity and equality. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels