Monday, January 16

An Emotionally Expressive, But Good Day

     Good evening everyone,
A good day was had by your innkeeper. I cried perhaps six times today. But they were good tears. I am exhausted, but
it's a good tiredness. I've been discharging a lot of energy that was pent up inside me. I'll sleep well, tonight. 
       Tonight, I had dinner with a friend, Orzie. It was great seeing him. We had not gotten together since November. We went to a Thai restaurant, the Lotus.
      It's my favorite, located in Oakland, on Piedmont Ave. I was surprised that when I pulled out my wallet,  my friend insisted on treating me. I didn't expect him to do so. That's the first time in more than a year that that has happened. What a pleasant change.
      My oldest son is celebrating his big day with his friends this evening. Tomorrow,  my sons and I  will celebrate it again. Afterwards, I'll take him shopping.
      This afternoon Pablo Jr. and I spoke. I read to him what I wrote in my previous post. I got choked up, but that's more than okay, it's healthy. We had a wonderful talk. I was able to reminisce some with his mom.  I'll appreciate the pleasantries we shared, letting go the contentious subject she needed to add during what was initially a conversation of fond memories.
      For this month we've been averaging about 180 unique guests a day with about a thousand page hits every two days. Thank you, for keeping company. I'd love hearing from the many of you who are Silent Readers, those who drop by without leaving your gratitudes. It helps create community in this inn when you do. 


My Gratitudes for Today: 
1. For the blessing of having my first-born son. He's a terrific young man. 
2. For the conversation he and I had today. I'm glad he told me that he know I love him deeply. That's quite a bit for a business major to admit!
3. For tears. Only a strong person can allow himself to be vulnerable and  gentle. It's great for me: I'm a happier person because I'm not living within the coffin of hard outward exterior. I'm able to feel my feelings and accept them. 
4. For the fellowship I had with Orzie. When I replied to a text message from him, I didn't realize he normally has an exercise class tonight. 
    He cancelled his plans, took Bart from San Francisco to meet me and then footed the bill at the restaurant. I was shocked by what he did, so we could meet. I'm thankful for his friendship. 
    He's a new brother that I've added to my family. We had a great conversation. I talked more than I usually do. That sometimes happens when I'm with a friend, someone who is more than an acquaintance. 
5. I'm thankful for my improving health. I'm not one hundred percent healthy, but I'm getting there. 

     Alright friends, I'm bushed. I'm heading for bed. 

      May you have a great and grateful Tuesday, 
         The Innkeeper

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels