Wednesday, February 12

A Day Like a Box of Chocolates 2/12/14

     Today had an assortment of quali-ties.  It was a good day, a wonderful day and a sad day, in addition to being a day with loving anticipation.

Good:  I spent time with an accom-plished writer.  He's
sharpening my skills, just by my hanging out with him.
Wonderful: Scribing from the heart was fun.  Today, I completed my third poem in three months.  I am happy with how it took shape.  I look forward to sharing it.  It is an acrostic poem in free-verse, both of which I usually don't do, when penning poetry.

     I like tinkering with words. Even better, I like making words sing.
Sad:  I wrote a letter to someone I've known since I was twelve, saying I was ending our friendship.  He was my best man and I was his, when we married.  Yep, I let him know I gave up on our friendship, shedding a tear or two as I composed the missive.

     Just now, getting in from a full day, I read his reply.  He wants our friendship to continue.  No can do.  What was acceptable no longer is.  Most would think he's a nice guy.

     You readers know me by now.  I need more than superficiality.  I deeply engage with my friends. This guy is too busy.  I wrote that the world doesn't revolve around me.  I know that.  The infrequency of our times together was not acceptable.

      We get what we tolerate.

Anticipation: I will visit with someone in the next few days. I look forward to our time together. We'll chat, using Skype.

Gratitudes: 
1.  I'm happy I voiced my disappointment with the long-term friend mentioned above.
2.  I'm writing a series of articles on the subject of acceptance. This subject is what allows us to have emotional health.  I look forward to helping others have greater understanding with this subject. Acceptance relates to the affective, not cognitive part of us.
3.  I had a delightful time meeting with friends tonight. The honesty, vulnerability and emotions expressed were healing.

How About You? 
What are three things that you thankful for?

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels