Life has its drama. One source, unexpected unpleasant information, was brought my way, today, during a phone call. It's an opportunity for practicing patience and grace towards
myself. This recent news motivates me to walk, run, cycle----exercise, in any way---to discharge the frustration and tension it has created.
My Gratitudes for Today:
1. I'm thankful for knowing what to do when stressed. I slept in, made time to rest throughout the day, and took in a movie, this evening, The Butler.
2. When distracted, like I was today----because of the bad news---I appreciate having goals and priorities.
They keep me focused and conscious of my use of time. My goals have time limits and are scheduled into the day, with actual times set. I love getting tasks done. That happened today."Goals give us direction. They put a powerful force into play on a universal, conscious, and subconscious level. Goals give our life direction." Melody Beattie
3. Someone last night paid me country doctor wages for a session I had with him: two home-cooked chicken meals that included potatoes. I enjoyed one of them this evening. Yum!
4. I've been catsitting, caring for two cats, for a friend who's out of town for nearly a week. It's been a delight, connecting with these furry critters. They are adorable and loving, a pleasure to take care of. I appreciate their affection.
5. I'm thankful for knowing that there is only one God and I'm not it. I'm doing my best to respond as healthily as I can with the details shared with me today. After, that, I leave the results up to God.
How About You?
What helps you deal with stress? I would love ideas that could help me during this difficult time.