Monday, November 4

Where the Innkeeper Has Been and a Review of the Past Month 11/4/13

"Peace comes not from the absence of conflict, but
from our ability to cope with it."  Dorothy Thomas
        Hi there.  Busily, I've been working.  My practice is growing.  The work I do is a pleasure.  More importantly, I love that I'm
making my life count by serving others.  Last night, after seeing my last client at 5:15 p.m., I worked until 11:00 p.m. charting, taking notes, planning for this week.

         I have a break right now and am sending this off.  Thank you, for dropping by.  I'm happy seeing many new visitors from Italy, the Ukraine, Spain and Lithuania.

         In October we twenty-five thousand views of this inn and we passed the 200,000 views mark with seven thousand, two hundred unique visitors to this inn of gratitude.  It took six months to crest the second hundred thousand views.  The first 100,000 views required 25 months.  At the current pace, it looks like in four months to reach 300,000, four thousand views in the past 3 1/2 days.  Google is sending many to check out this inn.

         Among the most popular posts were the Must Haves and Can't Stands, Winning the Grand Prix, Life is Not a Correspondence Program and Dodging the Raging Bull, which has hung on for a long while, enjoying enduring popularity, since September.

         In October, I worked on the inn.  The Contact, About, pages were revised.  There's a new tab, "New Hope."  It's an overview of the seven modalities used when I help others.

         On a different note, this past month was tough.  I was attacked, publicly, by an unkind duo.  But, that was fine.  This link lets you know why such times don't disturb me as much as they did, years ago.

          The mistreatment was brought on because an individual wanted to assert her needs over that of an entire group and I balked at that.  Her assault on my character, three weeks in a row, was a wonderful opportunity.  As I've written here, such moments can be a monument to our past pain or, by how we respond, they reflect the healing and growth we've experienced in life.

          To top off matters, I found out at 8:00 a.m. Friday morning, that I may need to move.  Ugh!  I certainly hope I remain in Alameda, the most enjoyable city I've ever lived in and, sorry San Francisco,  our neighbor fifteen minutes away, it is better than you.   Really.

          As always, I leave my welfare in God's hands. So far, He's done exceedingly, abundantly beyond whatever I could ask or think, in terms of taking care of me----especially during crucible moments.

          On a positive note, I had a blast Saturday night.  That's why there wasn't a Saturday evening post. (I so wanted to say that.)  Five young ones joined in the fray as they, and six adults, played Pit.  The hilarity, joyful screaming and physical action that are part of the game was a perfect antidote to stress. The younger Pablo emerged Saturday night, along with the playful child within each person there.

How About You? 
What are challenges you are facing? I look forward to hearing from you!

3 comments:

Vanessa Higgins said...

I am so so grateful today. Had a really great talk with my psychiatrist - yes, I have a psychiatrist that talks to me - wow. He made me see that I am a catch and that any man would be lucky to have me in their life. I worry that I am too much for any one man to handle, but I guess others see it differently. This really warmed my heart. He also thinks I am doing so well with my illness and fighting harder than a lot of people do. I felt proud and whole and happy. I laughed and sang all the way home!!

Pablo said...

Dear Vanessa,

Great news to hear! You must have done a happy dance, after getting great feedback from your doctor. Isn't that great!

I hear how happy you are with this psychiatrist---what a gift, connecting with someone who is positive and supportive. Wow. I'm totally happy with the shot in the arm you got from him.

May this be a great week for you. Drop by, again, soon!

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

As I sit here at 9:40 AM; at my desk at work, surrounded by loud, boorish, Japanese alpha-male chatter, (and the young, Japanese salesman next to me who enjoys leaning over to see what I'm currently working on, on my laptop - LOL, really!) in an open floor-plan office space, I will daringly attempt to hide under a "Harry Potter-style" cloak of invisibility, a Maxwell Smart; "Get Smart-style" Cone of Silence, to pen my most-tardy (Oops!!!) Saturday and Tuesday night Gratitudes...

On this Wednesday morning, I am sooooo grateful for;

1. For a wonderful 63rd Birthday dinner party and Tile Rummey Game with wife and sons on Saturday evening. (Sorry I missed your Pit game in the same time-slot, but do look forward to joining you soon...)

2. That my Polish wife of 31 years and I could enjoy her free pass for two to...Gilroy Gardens on Sunday! Also grateful for the shorter-than-expected one-hour drive south, near-perfect weather and very small crowds, for our first-time visit. For any living in the S.F. Bay Area, I highly recommend it! And...our early dinner at The Milias Restaurant was superb! http://www.themiliasrestaurant.com/ . We even took lots of photos on our cell phones!

3. How God magically, mysterious, and surprisingly (even painfully at times) manages to so creatively slow us down!

4. That we could enjoy an early, unexpected family birthday dinner gathering for our third oldest sons 25th birthday last night. He even said the grace before the meal (albeit most creatively and sort-of humorously...) and all shared their "birthdays wishes" for him.

5. That I could finish my monthly sales report and submit it just under the wire this morning, at 8:27 AM; just before our daily sales meeting.

6. That I am blessed with the privilege of sharing a few thoughts this evening at a weekly gathering of friends on Step 11; "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

7. That my mentor of 2.5 years is so patient, kind of "full of grace!"

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels