Wednesday, October 22

Slowing Down, Part II ........................ 10/22/14

Picture taken on my way home from Las Vegas, in August.  Big Sur. 
       How are you?  Tonight's post is short.  My team, the San Francisco Giants won the first game in the World Series, the champ-ionship contest for major league base-ball.  I was with friends, taking in the game, enjoying time away from
what I often do.  Work.

        As a people watcher, I had plenty of opportunities this evening. Time at a sports bar/restaurant, The Englander, I spent, hearing dialogue good enough for a book or movie.  One guy sitting behind me insulted the young lady I imagined he was dating for the first time.  He tossed interview-type questions at this bleached blond Asian woman sitting to his right.

       She was fit---in her twenties.  Her date guessed she could be fifty.  "Really?" she harrumphed, giving him a wearied look, even though the evening was still young.

       I saw this fellow, earlier, in the bathroom. I wondered why he rushed out after taking care of business, as if he was catching a plane.  I would not eat with him.  She did.  His hands he didn't wash in the room we shared.

       Tonight, spent time with "Bob".  My friends and I shared a table with him.  Before the game, he had worked in Campbell, near where I lived, in my twenties.  Soon enough, he opened up about an abusive step-father he had, while a child.  He didn't know the work I do.  Strangers confide in me, all the time. Somehow, they sense they can.

My Gratitudes:
1.  Sleep. It beckons me. I will yield to it after posting this.  My mind is operates better, when I have decent rest.  It rejuvenates me.
2.  I will spend time with family Friday. I like the closeness we share and support I get, when with them.
3.  I made time for me, today. I am glad that I make sure that I get nurtured.
4.  Saw another excellent movie: Fury. I was inspired by the story it told.

How About You? 
What are your gratitudes for today? 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels