Wednesday, November 25

Being Stretched 11/25/15

       Busy day.

       Saw clients Tuesday morning.  Traveled to Sacramento afterwards.  I'm on overdrive, going beyond my comfort level.  Not my style.  My schedule is stretched. Woke this morning at 5:55 a.m.for an appointment after
going to bed at 1:00 a.m. 

        I am checking in because I haven't been around.  Have you missed me? 

Gratitudes: 
1.  Spent time with someone who maintained his integrity.  He responded to disappointment I expressed last week. Today, he was considerate. He met my need for honesty and authenticity.  This would not have happened if I did not express my feelings and wants this person, firmly, but kindly.

      We get what we tolerate. We train people how to treat us. I don't shrink, when there's conflict. I am assertively honest.  Aggressive honesty is when we are open about our feelings and don't show respect to another. Assertive honest is when we do.

2.  Had a terrific conversation with my traveling companion as we trekked home from Sacramento. Our conversation was upbeat, constructive and intense.  Just as I like them. Times like these allows me to celebrate life.

      Authenticity feeds my heart. It makes me come alive. I enjoy relationships where there is a heart connection. I had that today.

3.   Someone dear to me called Tuesday.  That encourages me.  Connecting with loved ones provides the closeness and companionship I need to thrive.  From community I discover a wisdom and experience a support I never know as an isolated person.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels