Friday, July 24

The Key To True Riches, Abundance and Joy........ 7/24/15


       My head spins.

       It luxuriates in good fortune.  Riches beyond measure are overflowing the trea-sure chest of my expectations.  I am grateful, my smile has never been wider.
   
      My heart wells with happiness.  Life is exceeding my wildest dreams.  I pinch myself making sure I am not in heaven.

       I'm not.  But I am.

A True Story
      A woman tried zipping her coat.  The harder she tried the more frustrated she became.  No success.

      Inspecting the zipper, she noticed she was trying to connect the zipper of her coat to that for the removable liner.  The mystery solved.

      So has life been for me.

      For three years I was as sure of the outcome of my life as a cat within a foot of a bird and certain of his next lunch. Circumstances made my future obvious.

       Boy, was I wrong. The zipper of expectations did not line up with reality.  It never entered my mind I erred.

        Never have I been more glad for being wrong.   Now, life is greater than my imagination (or efforts) would have taken me.  It exceeds my dreams.

        That, and more.

        The rainbow of life radiates with new hues being added, daily. There is beauty to my life and abundance never known before.  Joy and love embrace with renewed intensity.

         A bounce in my step, missing for twenty years, is back.  My soul sings with a new brightness. I fall asleep, intoxicated by the life I now celebrate.

         An emotional, mental, physical wealth---not just monetary, is my lot. I am celebrating life and thriving. I feel like the wealthiest man in the world, but better.

         The rich man's joy is externally oriented. His wealth can be lost. It does not hug him or express words of appreciation, being lifeless in nature.

         My wealth is internal. I enjoy peace of mind. I have the riches of friends with whom I can be authentic and transparent, truly me.

         I am loved and embraced, faults and all.

         I am emotionally wealthy.  I've close relationships with gentle, patient, caring friends and God. Their combined patience towards me helps me be gentle towards myself. 

          My future is bright. I look forward to what each day brings.

          I am resilient because I remain present as I live each day, no longer dwelling solely within the territory of my mind. I experience what is, be it painful or pleasant.

         Recovery helps me be aware of present experiences. I am aware of what happens in the moment. As a result, I am no longer lost in it. Recovery-based acceptance enables me to handle life's challenges and overcome them.

         Dint of will and staying in my mind is replaced with embracing what life offers. I live in the here-and-now. My future brims with love and supportive friends.

         I have close relationship with a gentle, patient, loving friends and God. Their combined patience and grace helps me be compassionate towards myself. My future has never been brighter. 
Gratitudes:
1.  I am going to the Fairmont Hotel tomorrow.  Will dine there, celebrating newly found riches added to my life.
2.  I am loved by many and one in particular. The abundance of life washes over me.  Its waves of tenderness, affection and happiness allow me to know prosperity of the internal kind.

3. I am thankful I am spiritually attuned.  God beckoned me the past three years to rest.  To trust Him.
      I was forcing the zipper of life, when it didn't go the way I wanted.  I was lucky and didn't know it.

     My lack of success was being guided by Higher Power's hand.  I see that now.  I didn't then.  Then, I was discouraged disappointed, when life wasn't go my way.

     I meet the needs beneath my emotions.  I experience what is and am happier than ever before.  I delight in a love relationship with good friends and God, enjoying the comfort and support they offer.
 "Commit your ways to the Lord and your plans shall be established." Prov. 16:3.  
     This  means, seeking His direction, being sensitive to His will.  It is yielding to it.  This passage releases us from making God our bellboy, telling him what to do.

      Now, I seek His wisdom and plan.  I know His blessings.  They exceed and are more abundant than anything I could ever want or ask.

      And for that, I have an Attitude of Gratitude. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels