Monday, March 13

Special Day.............. 3/13/17

      Celebrate with me.

      Hello there, friends, guests and passersby.  Today is special.  I'm publish-ing this post before the day changes its name, for good reason.

      Six years ago, on this day, this inn
opened its doors. This place is moving beyond babyhood.  It wears the long pants of growing maturity: it addresses the confusion that can happen when people relate.

       This inn shares how we can have peace and presence of mind when tested.  It models the gratitude we can have during tough times such as:

1. When relating with a difficult person, we can be thankful for the opportunity to practice patience and grace.
2. When finances are tight, we can bask in life's simple pleasures:
    a.  Sunsets and sunrises
    b.  The laughter of a baby.
    c.  The nurturing power of a good book
    d.  The calming and hypnotic power of a crackling fire.
    e.  The reassurance known when connecting with an old friend.
3.  When enduring physical pain or mental anguish, we can connect and receive loving encouragement from God.  An example is expressed in Psalms 73:

21 When my heart was grieved
    and my spirit embittered,
22 I was senseless and ignorant;
    I was a brute beast before you.
23 Yet I am always with you;
    you hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
 but God is the strength of my heart
  and my portion forever. 
       I appreciate your visits.  It provides community and connection, something needed for emotional health.

       Yes, the news trumpets what's bad---the problems with govern-ment, how man mistreats man.  This cozy and positive place in cyberspace shares remedies.  Kept within the rooms of inn are posts that share how we can move beyond problems and drama.  We can know a peace and joy that transcends our circumstances.

  My Gratitudes Because of This Inn:
1.  It stretches me.  I've written an average of 17 posts a month.
2.  It provides a voice that speaks around the world. It definitely meets my need to self-express and hear from others.
3.  It forces me slow down.  Writing requires getting off the merry-go-round of urban living.  To be in touch with the topics and values expressed here, I have to get away from the frenetic pace of urban living.
4.  Being the innkeeper has grown my friendships. Through your e-mails and comments my world of friends is richer, more varied.  I've received poems, reactions to what is shared here.  I received love and encouragement from your responses to my innkeeper duties.

  I'll work on this later.  In the meantime, my best for today is good enough.

How About You? 
I'd love hearing any comments you have about his inn. It would meet my need for connection and communication. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels