Wednesday, January 11

Being Present Conteracts Manipulation From Others. Also, Coming to Your Neighborhood, A Visit With Your Innkeeper

      I made a mistake.

      I gave a title to a second video I created.  It goofed things up.  I am not able to upload it to my Youtube channel.  Accomplishing this would let me present it here.

      I am working on this glitch.  Being the positive guy I am, I see this problem is
increasing my knowledge in creating videos.

      So, I'm leaving this post in the meantime.

      Last night, I met with friends in Alameda.  Someone judged me.  That wasn't nice.  But it was still a lovely evening, nonetheless. Why?  Because I don't let others define me or determine my moods.

      My guess is this judger felt smug about his assumptions.  That's too bad. What is interesting is I arranged for this person to join us.  Unfortunately judging another estranges the relationship.

      I imagine the person was threatened by my presence.  He and I maintain an ongoing difference regarding the subject of discipline.

      But I suppose his critical comments comforted him.  When we are critical it usually makes us feel wronged but righteous.  The problem is that when we come to conclusions based on our imagination, we are not seeing reality. 

       I will speak with this person soon.  I'll be present.  I have no idea as to the out-come.

       It doesn't matter.

       When I express what bothers me I am taking care of me.

       I love the resiliency enjoyed when we are present.  It's critical facing what troubles us.  It also helps us thrive, truly delighting in all the wonderful nooks life offers.

       We live with authenticity when we stay in the here and now. That happens when we do not let mental chatter distract us from the beauties each moment offers.

       When we are present, troubles lose their power.  They move from haunting specters.  Being present prevents our troubles from looming within our minds.

   Addressing them, they become issues that aren't intimidating. This occurs when we examine them more closely.  "Courage faces fear and thereby masters it."

        I love knowing my worth is not based on what I do, or don't do.

        I am thankful for the tremendous love and support I get from my network of emotionally healthy friends.  Their love and the comfort they offer enable me to be bold.  They empower me to confront the dragons that want to upset me.

       These are the gremlins we encounter when relating with unsafe people.  This happens when relating with people who try to manipulate us or control outcomes.  Like what happened last night.

        You know these dragons.  They are people who use guilt, shame, blame, judgment or fear to get us to do their bidding or intimidate.  I reject these forms of manipulation.

        That's why I am going to talk with the person I came across yesterday. The person who annoyed me last night chose the wrong guy when he tried to using life-alienating communication.

        I am excited to discover the outcome when I confront this person, soon.

*******

        Shortly, I'll have a video, "Three A's---How to Experience Personal Growth."  It will be coming to this inn in your cyber neighborhood.  With it, you will have the innkeeper chatting with you for twelve minutes!

       I'm leaving to run for an hour-and-a-half. Wishing you a terrific Thursday, I know mine has been and will be.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels