Monday, December 17

Welcoming This Season Into This Inn of Gratitude 12/17/18

   
      I'm welcoming this Advent season.  Thank you, for dropping by.   I'm wishing you a time of serenity as we draw near to the date celebrating God taking on human form, more than 2,000 years ago.

      I find the enclosed music video calming, soothing. The deep resonance of the cello mixing well with the
efforts of the fine pianist.  I'm mindful of earlier years when I'd have a duet with my son, Josiah.

       He'd play the trumpet while I played the piano.  I did not know these instruments could sound so well together.

       Are you making time to breathe?  Please do. The hustle and bustle of today's marketing wants us to believe this season is about gifts.

 
       It's about one Gift.  A sublime and gracious one, available to all.  I'm thrilled about this era.  There is much to be thankful for.

       I pray we make time to light the candle of doing kind, considerate deeds towards each other rather than cursing the darkness the news proclaims widely and loudly.

       Let us give a rest to our electronic devices.  Instead, snuggle up with loved one while reading  stories and books that affirm and encourage. I am a fan of Frog and Toad stories.

       I love the friendship they share.  I am thankful for similar friendships I have with those who love me for who I am.  I am free to be myself.

       I am good enough, just as I am.

      This season, we still have time to:
1.  Call a friend, not text them. Connect with them with our voice.  This is preferred to silent letters read from our phones.
2.  Affirm those you know, becoming a safe, secure attachment for them.
3.  Get together with friends and sing.  Yes, sing.
4.  Be the kind of friend you would like to have.

     For me, that means being patient. It includes sharing time in nature and encouraging others.  Being a good listener with not overmuch to say.

5.  Be still.  I know it can be scary slowing down enough to be in touch with our feelings. But our soul longs for time to dialog connect with our conscious self.

     Wishing you the best possible Christmas, ever,
                       Pablo


       Back to Christmas. I leave the above performance of this song as a treat for this special holiday.  Please click on the image above and take in the passionate performance of "O Come Emmanuel"

       May God bless you with His love, patience and gentleness during this Christmas Season.

"O Come, Emmanuel "
O come, O come, Emmanuel,
And ransom captive Israel,
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear.
Refrain:
Rejoice! Rejoice!
Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel. 
O come, Thou Wisdom from on high,
Who orderest all things mightily;
To us the path of knowledge show,
And teach us in her ways to go.
[Refrain]
O come, Thou Day-spring, come and cheer
Our spirits by Thine advent here;
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night,
And death's dark shadows put to flight.

[Refrain]
O come, Desire of nations, bind
In one the hearts of all mankind;
Bid Thou our sad divisions cease,
And be Thyself our King of Peace

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels