Saturday, April 27

Checking In With You ....................... 4/27/19


   Life is good, I have been relaxing, experiencing love from others and having great recent memories.

   I have a laptop once again, it was shipped to me last Thursday.  I des-troyed my last one by accident. I poured water on it. Fortu-
nately, I had a warranty.

   My gratitudes for this Saturday:

1.  I love the car I purchased recently.  It's lovely, nice-looking, fast, nimble.  Everything I want.

    The past month, I've driven 3,000 miles. (4,830 km.)  Yes, that much.  Each mile glorious and
uplifting.

    Frequently, after work, I've driven 100-150 miles just for the fun and joy of doing so.  Happiness is not in how much we have but in how much we enjoy.  There's been plenty of that.
 
  Friends line up, wanting to go for a ride.  With pleasure, we have. What sights, sounds and fun it has been, taking country roads.  We snake along beautiful scenic roads, en-joying the pleasure my car provides while having deep, authentic conversations. 

2.  An ongoing vexing problem is gone.  Am I thrilled.  Using bound-aries lets us not accept unacceptable behavior. It gives us the peace of mind we lack when relating with an emotional vampire.

   I was relating with a controlling person who constantly manipulated.   No fun, connecting with him.  Without recovery and discernment, such people can easily suck all the energy and joy from us.
 
   Sure enough, this fellow applied guilt and judgment trying to foil my plans.  That only increased my resolve, ending interactions with him.  His one-sided disturbing efforts in getting his way validated my conclusions about him.

3.  I cherish time with long-term friends.

    I delighted being with a friend I've known since 1977.  There are positive and reassuring benefits knowing someone who stays by our side through weal and woe.  There is a strength we can tap into when with those who make themselves available during times of vulnerability.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Innkeeper,
Thank you for checking in. I will as well. Thank you for all your posts. I enjoy reading them.
They encourage me to reflect on my life. The last two years has been a phase of transition and a closing of a long chapter in my life. I'm learning to slow down, to have perspective, to keep life simple, and slowly learning with some tools on what is it I want for myself in my life.
Thank you, Pablo
CK

Pablo said...

Dear CK,

I enjoy your visits. It adds companionship to this inn of gratitude. I appreciate you enjoy your stays here.

I'm glad what is posted here motivates you to reflect. I imagine you are grateful you are tying up issues that have lingered for more than you wanted. I am encouraged you are luxuriating in serenity, keeping the focus on your needs, learning what to do to meet them.

You improve this place with your comments. Thank you, for being you: kind, thoughtful, considerate and friendly.

Wishing you a terrific and grateful week,

The Innkeeper

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels