Thursday, August 17

The Value of Boundaries ....... 8/17/17

Gratitudes for Today:
1.  For boundaries.  They allow me to keep my sanity. Today, I told some-one I was annoyed by his assumptions about me.
    He told me he knew my motives.  He doesn't.  He has
no idea regarding the workings of my mind.
    I firmly told him to stop telling me what I am thinking. Surprisingly he cried.  More about this in gratitude number four.
2.  For great friends.
     I love connecting with others.  I revel in the authenticity we enjoy.  It happens because we are present with each other.
     I have great friends because of discernment developed from more than fourteen years of recovery from codependency.  I know the qualities of Safe and Unsafe people.
     I don't see much authenticty in posts left on Facebook.  I consider that social media network more as Fakebook.  Rarely do you witness people there talking from their heart, being vulnerable.
3.  For being sick this evening. It helped me to slow down and rest.
4.  For not letting others be on my side of the net.  This is an-other way of asserting bound-aries.
     We are to stay on our side.  This is saying what we are ex-periencing.  We share what we feel, what we are hearing and seeing when relating with an-other.
     We are not on the other person's side of the court when relating.  We are guilty of doing that when we interpret, judge or make assumptions about another person based on what they said or did.
      We don't know what is going on their minds.  When we interpret, we are not reacting to reality.  Interpret-ing, assuming, judging, and conclusions are based on our imagination.
5.  For kindness received from others.  I enjoy smiles thrown my way.  I value being appreciated, treated with consideration.
How About You? 
What are your three gratitudes for today? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Pablo.
TB

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels