Friday, July 31

Checking In. I Hope You are Doing Well 7/20/20

      Thank you, for dropping by.  I have not been around.  I've missed you.

      Truth be told, life has been fulfilling since March, Friday, the 13th, as the spec-ter of the Coronavi-rus raised its head. It has roared, shaking up towns, states, countries-- this world to the core.

      I'm traveling, plenty, as an essential worker.  I've gotten around Northern California, where I live. Forested Mendocino, quaint Pacific Grove, Hippie-like Santa Cruz, stately Los Gatos, I've been.

      Serene Monterey, charming Carmel, the majesty of Big Sur, creep-ing into lovely Santa Barbara in Southern California, digging into Sonora, Columbia, the gold country, I've frequented.   Basking at Stin-son Beach or dining at Olema along the Marin Coast has been my pleasure. This besides taking in the backwoods of the San Francisco Bay Area.

      Right now, this current virus crisis pummels the souls of most.
   
      The patience, emotions, and minds of many are on edge.  Every minute and hour of the day is a cause of concern for many about their well-being.  "Will we be the next to experience this plague?" we may ask.

      I help others restore their sanity during this crazy time.  They learn how to have peace of mind in the midst of the current viral tsunami.  Clients discover steps needed for equanimity, during this chaotic season.

      Awareness of present experiences with recovery-and-action-based acceptance is critical.  It allows us to respond, not react.

      It is best to have our overactive limbic system work with our cogni-tive self.  Recovery-based acceptance does the trick.  It is not the dictionary's definition of it---resignation.
   
  Recovery based acceptance is active and heal-ing.  It is produc-tive.  Instead of fighting the waves of circumstances, re-covery allows us to surf them.

   This is opera-ting from confi-dence, not fear.  Recovery lets us know no matter what comes our way, we can handle it.  We see our situation and consider what steps we can take to make the most of our lives.

     This is clear thinking, not panic.  It is moving away from our lizard mind, our reactive limbic system.  Responding healthily happens when we pause.   

    When we are aware of what is happening in the moment- which is one aspect of recovery--- we are no longer lost in it. 

    Confidence during treacherous times happens when we own some-thing critical: healthy, supportive, positive relationships.  It's possible.  It happens when we get out of our heads and speak more from our hearts having authenticity with others.

      You are right.  We can't be this way with just anybody.

      Crucial for good relationships is discernment.  "The full soul," the one with maturity and recovery, "loathes the honeycomb," will not accept relationships because they are enticing, sweet. "But the hungry soul," the person desperate, lonely, or full of self-judgment, "every bitter thing is sweet."  (Proverbs 27:7)

      They rather have any relationship than to not have any at all.

      During this frightful season, those I help are making the most of life, celebrating it.  Seeing their smiles, joy, and increasing inner strength during this disturbing season is deeply gratifying.

****

      I've taken days off this summer. Best of all, I continue to grow.  I'm facing fears.

       I celebrate emotionally enriching friendships. I know a depth of love and support from many dear people.  I am beyond blessed.
   
      There are many reasons for the tre-mendous Attitude of Gratitude I enjoy.

       I am wealthy beyond measure.  I don't mean mater-ially. Wealth is not in how much we have, but in how much we enjoy.


       I love celebrating life.

       One treasure is moving beyond the trauma  of my youth and adolescence.  For a sneak peek into who I am and the amazing, loving, support, and growth I know, check out this link.

       I'll meet you there. You'll become acquainted with a part of me you do not know. Many clients want to move beyond their past pain ad become the person they want to be.  They know this is my reality.

My Gratitudes for Today
1. For great friends. Their support under-girds me. They hold me steady during rocky times.

   I am loved for who I am.  I am myself, vulnerabilities, weak-nesses and all are on display when with friends.  There is no need for pretense.

    I enjoy connection, appreciation, happiness when with my supportive community.
2. For the hope I have. It is not externally oriented--based upon concrete circumstances. I am happy because I dwell in the present. I have no resentments or fears.
    I love the ease, tranquility, and emotional safety I have because of the intense, consistent recovery work I've invested in my life and because of the community of friends I have.

    We do not have a fulfilling life living in isolation.  We were meant to bond with others.  It is our primary need.
3. For the joy I have and the inner strength and peace I know. It is a result of my faith and the work I've done, the recovery I enjoy.
4. For having a source of great fun., a roadster car.  It allows me to take in the outstanding California countryside.

    Driving my sportscar creates many zen moments, allowing me to be in tune with myself.  Frequently a friend comes along, providing terrific companionship, conversation, and connection.
5. For incredible clients.  I like making my life count. I enjoy serving others. I enjoy being effective.

      I'd love to hear your gratitudes. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels