Sunday, November 15

What Fun! ........... 11/15/20

   
    I had a blast!

    I spent nine hours at Sears Point Raceway in Sonoma, putting my car through its paces.  I and eleven others in the driving class were taught principles that will enhance how we will handle our cars. 

    With my helmet strapped

on, at least twenty times, yes-terday, each time while on the racetrack (which happened five different times for a half-hour) my car was screaming at more than 8,000 RPMs.  That took place while racing along, dodging turns in third or fourth gear.  

     An otherwordly and thrilling experience. 

    I'm taking off for a glorious ride in God's country, taking in twisty roads along the Northern California coast.  I travel from Bodega Bay to Garberville. 

    I will take advantage of the little daylight we have during this Fall season, with Daylight Savings time in place.  I will use techniques learned yesterday while driving the majestic, awe-inspiring Sonoma and Mendocino County coastline, here in California.   

     Yes, I will drive much slower than yesterday. 

Gratitudes For Today

1. Rest.  Yesterday during the day was intense.  I was mentally and physically bone-weary after the class was over.  This morning I am camping out at a hotel in Petaluma. 

    I'm thankful for the balance I've learned to enjoy through recovery. 

2.  For my heart racing throughout yesterday's event. It's a big change from the sedate nature of my work.  It is not an everyday event, being on a world-famous raceway. 

      I had to force myself to catch my breath while going 100+ mph, following my instructor, a professional driver who races for NASCAR.  Gratitudes go towards celebrating life, having variety and connections I had with several of the other students I met in yesterday's performance driving class. 

3. For not reacting.  Last night I received an unpleasant text message from someone I avoid. When I get home tomorrow, I'll take steps that allow me to maintain my serenity. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels