Sunday, November 8

Having Fun, Laying Down Boundaries When Someone Does Not Want to Grow.............. ...................11/8/20

   

Not today
     I'm glad I'm writing again.  

     My two laptops are dead, still.  Today, I bought a touchpad.  It is wonderful, using a keyboard.  

     It is easier than writing with my phone which was used for my last two posts.  That was a labor of

frustrated love. 

     I'll leave today's gratitudes.  With this touchpad, I'll write more frequently. Yaay!

 1.  The last three days were exceptional.  I took in the countryside, getting away from the seclusion I experience living alone.  I celebrated life, explored, enjoyed adventure, and found release from the stress my work creates. 

2. Today, Sunday, I competed with a Porsche Carrera.  We scampered along the twisty turns characteristic of the country ride we took on a two-lane road stretching from La Honda, California to the hamlet of San Gregorio, near the Pacific coast.  He could not stay with me.  

     His low-slung car did well on the wide-open turns at an accelerated pace, as we approached the town.

     I've had Mustang GTs, Audi's, Challengers, Tesla's, and Chargers challenge me the past seven months.  The Porsche's performance surpassed them all.  

     My car performed better.  Today's driver who pursued me could not handle the narrow turns encountered earlier in our ride, as we sped along.  He braked, while I accelerated through them.  

    There is a skill required when driving a car, beyond steering and pushing the gas pedal.  I've had private performance driving lessons for the past seven months.  They are paying off. 

    For the record, I haven't had an accident in more than 30 years.

     I will wear a helmet and a fire-resistant racing suit while pushing my car to the limit on the Sear's Point Raceway this Saturday.  My car features a roll-bar.  I am taking a performance course from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.,  I will be on the racetrack, racing around it, twenty times. 

     It was postponed, earlier, on October 31st. 

     That disappointment was an opportunity to exercise gratitude when I was not happy, allowing me to practice patience.  Can't wait for Saturday's class.  All the cars going in the same direction, the turns perfectly cambered. and I can go all out.

     Today's adventure with the Porsche added variety.  It demanded Zen-like concentration to my day. 

3.  After today's intense event, I took on the Pacific Coast after stopping at the General Store in the tiny rural town of San Gregorio.  As always, the coast was awe-inspiring. Waves crashed against gigantic rock forma-tions dotting this western shore that snakes its way south to Santa Cruz or northwards, towards nearby San Francisco. 

     I love my eyes drinking in stunning vistas.  It fills my soul with serenity.  My need for peace of mind, relaxation, ease, and calmness were abundantly met. 

4.  Saturday, I ended a relationship with someone I sponsored in Al-Anon. 

     He wasn't interested in working the program.  Al-Anon is not for those who need it.  It is for those who want it.  His recovery is practically nonexistent.

     He refuses to do  Step One, admitting that his life is powerless.  I enjoy sponsoring others. But not when it affects my serenity.  That happens when a sponsee refuses to do the work necessary for personal growth. 

How About You? 

What are the three gratitudes you have?  I'd love to hear them. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels