Monday, November 9

A Wnning Attitude................... 11/9/20

     Complaining is easy.  So is judging others.  It also usual-ly requires little effort being harsh towards ourselves.

     Better, is focusing on what we can do to make our lives more positive and enjoya-ble.  

     Staying in the solution is easier our psyche.  It reduces stress in our bodies.  Our difficulties, by how we respond, can be stum-bling blocks or stepping stones. 

     Our perspective rests upon our attitude.  The following is a terrific overview regarding its importance:

What is an Attitude? 
          It is the 'advance man' of our true selves.  
          Its roots are inward but its fruit is outward. 
          It is our best friend or our worst enemy. 
          It is more honest and more consistent than  
          our words.  
          It is an outwards look based on past 
          experiences.  
          It is a thing which draws people to us or  
          repels them.  
          It is never content until it is expressed.  
          It is the librarian of our past.  
          It is the speaker of our present. 
          It is the prophet of our future.

                   John Maxwell, The Winning Attitude

      Being grateful also depends on two other important issues.  One is our relationship with the God of our understanding.  The second is enjoying a merry band of brethren, having a positive and emotionally healthy supportive network.

      Gratitudes for Tonight


1.  I'm still together after having an in-tense workday.   I love being effective and physically resil-ient. 
2.  The joy I know.  It does not depend up-on circumstances.  

    I believe I'm the luckiest man in the world.   I am celebrating life, loved by many and have terrific friends.
3.  For not accepting unacceptable behavior.  I am thankful for dis-cernment.  I stay away from controlling people and those who would poison me with their negativity. 

     Having these values frees me from toxic people, those who could drain me from the joy and dynamic life I know.
4. I don't let others define me.  This lets me have peace of mind, tranquility, and emotional safety. 
5. This is my second post in two days!   I'm happy to have time with you.  It is wonderful having a computer after missing one for more than two months. 

     My need to self-express and be more effective at work feels terrific. 

How About You?

What are your gratitudes?  I'd love to hear them. 

                  May you have a great and grateful day,  I know I will. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels