Monday, April 9

This World Is In A Better Shape Than the Media Declares

The person who sows seeds of kindness enjoys a perpetual harvest. (Photographer's caption.)
Image: "Countryside: Wheat flower" by Tim Blessed. Used by permission. I'm a lucky guy.
What a masterpiece of light and color, isn't it? 
    How was your day?
I'm squeezing in this post. I'm tired.  I feel wonderful, however. A good day was had. I was fortunate to have many drop by today and say hi. I love it, when you comment. For each of you who did, I replied.
     I wrote two posts, earlier today.  Now is when I leave the gratitudes I have for this fine evening.
*************************************
Time With a Son
1. I'm meeting with my oldest son tomorrow. Today, we spoke in-depth, over the phone. I'm so proud of him. Working with him has been one of the greatest experiences in my life.
2. I respect the amazing young man Pablo Jr. he is. His kindness, wisdom, practicality and discipline is remarkable. He's perfect proof of why I needed to get out of the way, as a parent. God did for my son what I could not do.
3. Tuesday, my son, Pablo (he's the sixth, I'm the fifth), is coming over to Alameda, where I live.  I can't say enough about the tremendous job he's done with his life. I'm privileged to be one of his support people. I love the rapport, openness and easy communication we share.
    When he and my other sons turned eighteen, I told them they were no longer my children. They were now God's.  They were now my sons.
     In the Greek there's a big significance regarding this title that we don't convey in English. When I'm not tired I'll elaborate. Probably tomorrow. These blogs are like lasagna. They taste better the second day, after you've heated it a second time. I'll re-work this post Tuesday.
4. I rode my bike for 12 miles today. It felt great.  I love exercise. The wind spoke to me as I pedaled away my frustrations through the island town where I live. It pushed and prodded me, demanding my attention.
Simple Pleasures
5. I changed my sheets.
       The fresh smell of linen is lovely.  I also like tucking in my bed tightly. It makes me feel more secure when slip into a nicely tucked in bed. I'm thankful for simple pleasures. Abundance is not in how much we have, but in how much we enjoy.
6. I am encouraged by each of you who stop by.  I'm am happy to have met some amazing people, as a result of being an innkeeper. It just goes to show it's true. When we perform service, it benefits us more than the people we tend to.
Taken to New Worlds
7. Lately, I've been humbled. I've dropped by several blogs. My, what an uplifting experience it has been. The news media reminds us how the world is going to hell in a hand basket, whatever that means.

      I disagree.

     I've met amazing individuals who people the blogs I've visited. Amazing thoughts, encouraging, inspirational postings, seeing things in ways I've never dreamed, is what I've uncovered in my cyber journeys. Thank you, you who put in the effort and blog. Thanks for opening up yourself to me and all those who visit your cyber homes.

     Your work let's me know that there is hope for this world.  Please give yourself credit.  I know you lift my spirit.  You do the same with others who visit you blogs.

     As Red Skelton, a comedian of yesteryear used to say:  "Good night, and God Bless"

    I know I'll sleep well tonight. Thank you for making my day, afternoon and evening.

6 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

No matter how many crazy, sad, cruel, insane things are happening in the world...it pales in comparison to all the wonderful, amazing and beautiful things. The world may be crazy, but I'm still in love with the place.

Vanessa Higgins said...

"Abundance is not in how much we have, but in how much we enjoy."

Wow. This thought is so rich. I become easily overwhelmed by worries of negative thought. Then a butterfly crosses my path and I am transported to another world or hope and light and wonder. I want to spend more time in that place of appreciation. I like it there :)

Thanks for this lovely post.

Pablo said...

Keith,

I am in agreement with you. Happiness depends upon where we choose to place our focus. When I look at the embroidery of life and this world, I choose to see the upper, side. I focus upon the completed pattern, not the bottom, with all the knots, loose ends and snarls.

One source of relief is learning that there is only one God and I'm not Him. Turning things over to Him is humbling, to be sure. But it is also saner.

I just make sure I tend to, I'm a good steward, of the plot of life I've been entrusted with. If we each sweep our own front porch and tend to our yard, the world would be that much better.

Thanks for your insights and your influence---you're touching many lives and they are better for it.

Make sure to take care of yourself,too. We need to retire our capes. Have you seen my "Letting Go" piece? It's featured on the sidebar to your right. It's a great source for sanity and serenity.

Your friend, the innkeeper

Pablo said...

Hi there, Vanessa

I'm glad you dropped by. I like your honesty, it makes me trust you. In the first part of your description, you sounded like me, if I'm not careful.

I'm glad that I've learned to stay present, often living only 15 minutes at a time, relying upon my Higher Power's help, to get through that small portion of time. It works for me. It makes life more manageable, emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.

In the second link I posted at your place yesterday, I spoke about what you are describe today, appreciating life's wonder. That is what a spiritual awakening is all about, I believe.

It a great blessing, experiencing serenity, staying present, appreciating the beauties life offers. This state is easily lost when we allow fear and insecurities to rule our hearts and minds.

I love your comments and how you try to stay present. That's a great quality of yours.

aileen said...

Good evening, Pablo!

My three gratitudes for today:

1. That I did not have to get up and get out so could sleep in, a luxuriant experience for me made the more so by the rain.

2. Today I was able to speak to an long-time elder friend about my heart felt concerns around the motivations of another and things being said that I know are untrue. I thought about the call for several hours before I actually did make the call. I am grateful that I took time to think first, that my words were received as I intended and I feel that I was true to myself in being responsive to this situation while not taking on the responsibility of the situation. A fine line I am learning at the hands of a wise teacher who has recently come into my life.

3. That my part-time room m ate keeps the 5 gallon jug full of water - which entails carrying it up 3 flights of stairs and putting it on the dispenser. This I am very grateful for as I could not do this myself and it relieves me of making so many trips with the gallon size that I can (just barely) handle!

The simple, intangible things increase my joy and comfort in unrpedictable experience of life, and I am deeply appreciative of them.

Pablo said...

Aileen,

Good to see you! I'm happy you were able to walk the tight rope of speaking the truth in love with your friend of many years. You must be happy your conversation was effective. It sure feels good when our need for open communication is met, isn't it?

Life is full of many simple things we could easily overlook, that are a source for thanks, like lugging 5 gals of water. Kudos to your p/t room mate's efforts!

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your gratitudes. I like it when you do.

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels