Monday, May 16

Emerging from Confusion:The value of walking a spiritural path. Gaining an encouraging perspective during trying times 5/11/11


      Hey, can you tell me what you are thankful for? What are things that make your heart sing with praise?  Hearing your encouraging words uplifts my spirit.  

     Going through a good time, addressing important priorities, getting them resolved, is heartening. Such has been the recent case for me.  There was a period, a week and a half, earlier, where I faced plenty of uncertainties
about the future than I would care to have. It's not a fun place to be. With God's strength, the support of family and friends like you, I managed to go through these challenges with the serenity and emotional safety I needed. I’m thankful for greater clarity as to the shape and direction of my life, for, at least, the next six months. Thanks, for your prayers.

      I’m working with lawyers and governmental agencies to bring closure to several matters. What I have to do requires tactfulness, wisdom, balanced with honesty and integrity. Once again, I'd value your prayers as I weather this demanding time. Thanks! I'll be happy when this season of difficulty is over. 

Gratitudes that Enable Us to Have an Encouraging Perspective During Stressful Times

1. God's deep love for all of us.  It meets our need for peace and acceptance of ourselves.
2. The love we enjoy from friends and family. They meet our need for affection and closeness.
3. For God's word for us: they are a light unto our feet and a path unto our ways; it provides clarity and direction during uncertain times.
4. For honesty and truth: they allow us to see reality.
5. For seasons of  personal growth, when we are challenged, emotionally and spiritually----our faith is exercised and strengthened during tough times. 
6. For exercise: it allows us to handle stress and enhances our health
7. For prayer: it helps us to experience my sanity and serenity.  It allows us to have communion with God.
8. For pets: they help us slow down and experience unconditional love.
9.  For grace: it allows us to experience God's love.  It also allows us to demonstrate His love towards others, especially when our nature would be to react differently.
10.  I'm also thankful that grace is a gift from God.  In the original Greek it's clear that it isn't a human quality. We can't manufacture it by gritting our teeth and trying to be nice towards others.  It's a fruit we enjoy when we are in fellowship with the Father and His life is flowing through us. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels