Thursday, March 31

The Latest News About the Innkeeper.......... 3/31/22

     Too much has happened. That pro-vides the reason for not hear-ing from me lately. 

     I moved from where I lived for eight years.  The transition challenged and depressed me for more than two weeks.  It endued me with fear, not a common feeling for me. 

      I prefer being honest in what I share here.  I have no interest in sugar-coating my circumstances  or presenting myself in a better light. 

     In recovery, I've learned I am good enough. I am not leashed to the need for approval, the main reason I have no connection with Face-book. I've been on it twice in the last five years. 

     Where I live provides improvements. More space. This younger, nicer home sits in a better community.  

     The house rests on top of one of the highest hills in town. Every day my home gives spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay.  

       My books cre-ated the biggest problem moving to another town.  More than a hundred box-es containing them trekked with me to my new home.  I sim-plified my life by giv-ing up most of my possessions.  

      No, not my books, but material things I thought I could never live without.

      For the first two weeks, I could not walk through my bedroom.  Reaching my closet as likely as landing on the moon.   Saying it was a living quarter loaded with boxes, an understatement. 

     The slogan, "Prog-ress, not perfection" helped me weather the first month.  Learning how to circumnavigate the new town and learn where all the stores were located was more challenging than a Sudoku problem. 

       One thing new. I am sleeping more than ever.   It helps me handle the new stress of living where I cannot tell you my address without resorting to the notepad on my phone. 

       My gratitude for today: 

1. For difficult times.  You did not misread the previous sentence.  I've learned to sit with new challenges, not run away from how they disturb me.      

      I've developed the habit of not letting stress rule over me.  Feelings are simply emo-tions, not a prophecy.  The loudest voice is not the truest.  

     During tough times I've learned a positive outcome is just as likely as a negative one.

     Embracing negative feelings reveals emotional resili-encyWhen I am aware of what is happening in the moment, I am no longer lost in it.

2. For fortitude, the result of time invested in recovery.  I have grown because I attend Al-Anon Family Groups, an organization helping those who relate to alcoholics.  Al-Anon is not a nickname for Alco-holics Anonymous. 

    For more about this inspiring organ-ization that empow-ers its members, check here,

"God guide me to make the right deci-sion and give me the fortitude to cling to it against all pressures and persuasions."         One Day At a Time in Al-Anon, p. 13

        I have more to say.  Right now, I need to get back to work. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels