Sunday, February 27

Sources of Joy for This Fading Month of February............ 2/27/22

    I have enjoyed won-derful 6+ hours of fun on four occa-sions with four differ-ent friends the past two weekends. In my roadster, we travers-ed gorgeous country roads.  The car lies five inches above the ground. 

    The experience is like driving a go-kart on steroids. 

    Every week, I have a three-day weekend, working only four days a week.  

    We journeyed the wine-bearing counties of Napa and Sonoma, and the Almaden portion of San Jose, along with Gilroy and Watsonville.  

    We cut through the winding of Highway 9 through Big Basin, the hamlets of Felton, and the town of San Lorenzo, in Santa Cruz County.

     The conversations shared as we travel in the two-seater are warm, informative, and substantive.  Their transparent and encouraging nature makes the treks a lively time of fellowship.  It is satisfying, connecting at the heart level.

     We take in the wooded rippling waves of mountain valleys that wind towards the Pacific Ocean.

    Time with supportive friends meets my need for connection, being understood, and celebrating life. 

    I have applied what I've learned in recent training. Last Satur-day, a week ago, I had an emotionally and physically ex-hausting four hours of training with a pro-fessional racer.  I learned how to motor efficiently while pow-ering through turns, all while my heart pounded through my chest and my eyes bulged like a ham-ster's when you press down on their head as I took each turn. 

   Coursing through tight, twisty, country roads provide Zen moments.  They are occasions for being present and totally focused. They offer pro-found tranquility that no drug or medication can offer. 

What I am grateful for this month ending soon. 

1.  Even though I face unusual stress, I love my life right now, and it is marked with happiness.  I have not had to deal with the current threat to my joy in 8 years; I will soon need to live elsewhere. 

2.  Happiness is mine. The clamor of worry is muted by recovery principles, allowing me to stay present and not perseverate. I maintain equa-nimity even when other disturbing issues: (see above, number 1) want to occupy my mind. 

3. My oldest son is getting married this Friday.  A big deal.  It will be wonderful being with family and connecting with others. 

    I am glad my son is tying the knot.  He's known his fiancé for a while.  I am preparing myself for the happy tears that will gush forth from yours truly on this special day. 

4. A week ago, last Sunday, this son, Pablo Jr., and I had a sweet, intimate time while visiting my favorite Thai restaurant located in Fremont. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels