Wednesday, November 24

The Thankful Life We Have When Knowing Recovery 11/24/21

     I enjoy life thor-oughly.   Dark sha-dows are overcome by principles that help me embrace life with vigor, hope, and strength, not fear or timidity.  One of the principles is that as I become comfortable with my likes and dis-likes, dreams, and choices, I am increasingly able to risk other people's disapproval. 

     I have been startled wide awake by the first quote posted in my previous entry.  Here it is again: 

You can give a lot of yourself to others. You may be constantly helping people. But if it is all coming from you, it is not a real con-nection. In order to connect peope must show up for you.         Henry Cloud 

      This statement is inspiring me to upgrade many of my re-lationships.  I've often shared in this inn the need for recipro-city in our friendships, and Cloud's quote put a new spin on this idea. 

      I look forward to enjoying a more balanced connection with those important to me.  I am bold, and I have no hesitancy in letting passive friends know their friendship will be more valuable when they contribute more and take the initiative in our relationship. 

      If that is a problem, I'll move on. 

****

      My mother passed away several years ago, last Monday, November 22nd.   Her day of death was also her birthday, and her life came full circle, beginning and ending on the same day.   I visited her gravesite last Satur-day before seeing my sister, who lives in the same town. 

       Love, regret for her absence, longing to connect with her, and happiness to be with her in spirit churned within as I sat where she finally rests.

       My sense of humor, genuine constant smile, and joy for life are gifts I received from my mom.  I am deeply grateful for her strong impact upon me.   I miss you tremendously, Mom. 

My Gratitude for Today: 

1.  I am growing every day, and my life becomes richer each week. 

2. Abundance is not in how much I have but in how much I enjoy life.  If this is the case,  I am the richest man on earth, and this fact humbles me. 

3. I am grateful for tending to this inn.  Sometimes I don't know what I have to say until I start writing. As is the case with what I've written here. 

      This positive place in cyberspace lets me empty out.  Because I do, many positive thoughts and feelings have been released, and I am emo-tionally and mentally healthier for not bottling up what stirs within me. 

4. Thank you, each guest, to this inn.  Your visits make the work I do here worthwhile.  I pray this will be an excellent day for you. 

      I probably will add more to this post.  Right now, I want to get back to work.  Thank you for listening; it meets my need to express myself and relate with you. 

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels