Saturday, March 17

The Innkeeper is Stumped

“Gratefulness is the key to a happy life that we hold in our hands, because
 if we are not grateful, then no matter how much we have we will not be 
happy — because we will always want to have something else or some-
thing  more.” — Brother David Steindl-Rast 
    How is everyone?
My car is out of action. I tried working on it with a friend, Kevin, yesterday. No luck. I've bought several parts in our attempt to repair it, but the car won't budge. I'm convinced the problem is related to
all the rain we've been getting lately.
   I've been up since four this morning. I'll head for bed after this post. I've tried getting myself tired by riding my bike for an hour and a half. I was riding along with a friend, so we took it slow---we went 16 miles. If it doesn't rain, I'll ride to San Leandro and go to a meeting that starts at 11:00. It's eight miles one way. We'll see.
     My Gratitudes for Saturday: 
1,  I'm thankful for Kevin's automotive expertise. He's helping me to work on my car. I was touched getting his support.
2.  I appreciate getting my laundry done this afternoon.  A friend helped me take my clothes to the laundry mat. It's refreshing sleeping with the smell of clean sheets.
3. We've had about 40 comments in the past week----that puts a smile on this innkeeper. I like the community we have when we communicate. Two readers sent me letters saying that they are stuck.
      They have had problems posting their gratitudes. Any suggestions?
4. The Attitude of Gratitude Inndex is up and running. It's ninety-five percent in order. When I moved to this new address all the links were related to my former address and no longer worked.  I'm thankful this inn is now a bit more effective.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels